Turns 180 -189

Ready to settle the sugar site, any idea's about a name?
Settler in Glassport is ready next turn, should go to site beta, what about another settler there? (I doesn't really need an observatory does it?)
Taj Mahal in 3, we might want to start writing another story :p
Some cities will complete their growth or buildings just in time for the Golden Age
Port Tropicana will have completed a courthouse next turn, what should it start on? (Library IMO)
Offered Military Tradition for Gunpowder as part of the deal we made. This will obsolete our Camel Archers, and will allow us to build Cavalry.
We also have a great person (about 60% Scientist) in 14.
The barbarian problem in the north has been solved, the barbarian longbow killed our camel archer though (we had 70% odds!), new troops have been sent out to rectify this.

Noticed this stack in Epsilons city btw, should we tell Loco? I doubt that they would invade with just this, but it could be the start of a stack.

6 cats and two cavalry with 5 MP galleons. That invasion sounds like one of those unfun elements that was supposed to be removed from Civ IV!

If they come for us how can we defend, if they go for Loco do we help our new tech partner?

I think we need more workers before we continue with the settling.

6 cats and two cavalry with 5 MP galleons. That invasion sounds like one of those unfun elements that was supposed to be removed from Civ IV!

If they come for us how can we defend, if they go for Loco do we help our new tech partner?

I think we need more workers before we continue with the settling.

Change to Slavery/Nationhood and whip/draft forces like there's no tommorrow. We might actually even have a chance if we could get a few caravels out in time. (I don't know the odds of a 3 vs 4 (+10%) battle, but I suppose it's winnable with a 2:1 ratio.) Also, they'd probably have to land first, so we'd get one turn to deal some collateral damage (and pray).

For know, I think it's best to let that one caravel circle around between Epsilon and us. If we spot some galleons going for Chowderton, it's time to do something about it.

That galleon can drop troops in the hill next to Chowderton in exactly 3 turns.

Also keep in mind that the tile defense is only in coastal tiles and since Epsilon is currently running Theocracy they automatically get 2 xp, at least.
( other civics: hereditary rule, bureacracy, slavery, mercantile)

The speed of their ships alone (5 MPs) makes a naval defence pretty tough for us.

Definitely alert Loco, it will help us to maintain our good relationship with them, and if Epsilon is planning a war we want them to have as hard a time as possible, if their opponent is prepared to defend themselves that will mean good things for us. Also if Loco takes this as a sign that they need to build up their military it will make them more likely to aid us in the event that Epsilon attacks us.

Settled site 5 (only -2 maintenance) need a name now.

Started another worker in Magadan but decided to start library in Glassport. Ploughland will finish observatory in 2 and can them build a worker in only 3 so that is a slightly better plan.

In response to Aloha's request for 100 gold to finish Engineering I sent 24 this turn and cut science to 30% so we can send 76 next turn. Then science can go back to 70%.

The galley exploring the arctic seas near Aloha is at a dead end. We should probably disband because the ship has very little use in the closed off arctic.

Our caravel exploring Epsilon's arctic is also at a dead end. I'v noticed a galleon in Icy Redout. Could be an invasion force we can't see or it could be there for defense.

Piffle is now has Replacable parts, probably can't see what Epsilon's techs are because we don't have the prereqs.

Get that northern caravel south to patrol. I'd like some catapults/Camel Archers being built and sent to Chowderton.

We can upgrade our entire arsenel in fairly short order. We currently have 2 caravels, 3 galleys, 7 cats, 1 mace, 4 axe, 2 archers, 3 longbows, and 8 camels.

Caravels and cats are the only units that are upto date. Camels cost 110 to upgrade to cavalry with 0 science we can do it in 3 turns. 8 new musketmen can be built in Polynesia, Ploughland, Sinsburge and Chowderton in 8 turns, less with a golden age.

How is Loco's plan to trade for Chem? We'll need that for Frigates and Grenadeirs.

Note that caravels CAN'T be upgraded to Frigates/Galleons.

Golden Age

Yes, Chowderton has finished Taj Mahal. Courthouse can be finished in 3 or we can build cavalry in 2. (After the next courthouse we can build FP, but is it worth it?)

Ploughland has finished observatory, grocer wil finish in 3. Another opportunity to build military units?

As a result of the GA we are #1 in GNP and MFG.

Education will finish next turn. I think Replacable parts is next, it will take 7 turns.

Things to keep in mind if we elect to upgrade our military: Rifleman should be available in about 25 turns and Grenadiers sooner than that. (Pikes and Frigates need Iron!)

I'd prefer Chowderton to produce military units and a university (not an observatory) for Oxford.

Can't we get iron in the north?

I got the perfect name for that city "Southern Comfort".

It is south, got jungle, got lotsa sugar which they probably turn into booze and it looks lite a comfortable spot.

Finished Education (should we give it to Loco right away?), Replicable parts in 6.

Looks like the Epsilon/Piffle alliance is holding strong. Epsilon just got RP this turn. Also spotted another cavalry heading to Epsilon's southern city.

Ploughland is now the #5 top city, that means we are the only team with two on the list. MFG has dropped to #2 (Epsilon is still #1), but GNP is still #1 by a fair margin.

Gave our galley to Aloha, they can disband or use it to send refugees to us if they like.

Forgot the name change, but I like Southern Comfort (although with all that sugar rum would be more appropriate).

Cleared the barbs out of the way but still 4 turns until we can settle Beta

Southern Comfort was more to touch on the plantation culture on the deep south, sugar is ethanol base and so on. I guess Southern Comfort would do the job for us.

Haven't checked in on this in a while, but it looks like we've been doing ok to date. :) Do we have a Caravel stalking the Epsilon stack we've seen? No doubt we want to know the moment it leaves so that we can take steps to be prepared for an attack if they're heading for us. Also, we should keep exploring the coast with other Caravels to check that there are no other stacks hidden anywhere.

2:1 Caravels will beat Galleons, but I've read somewhere that Epsilon have Frigates, and if they use those for defence of their Galleons then our Caravels are nothing but useless twigs by comparison. Chemistry is a very high priority tech for us right now - Frigates and Grenadiers, two exceptionally powerful units which should tide us through for the next little while from any possible invasions.

How's progress going on the technology trades? I see that we've got something arranged with Loco that looks reasonable. Are Aloha still trading with us, or have they given up on us or something? I'm surprised that we haven't all shared techs by now to combat the growing threat of the clear Piffle-Epsilon "trade everything" alliance.

Lets stay on top of things for the next few turns so we get maximum benefit from our GA. I’ve listed our cities and proposed builds, also the city garrison so we can consider military improvments also.

Wheelville: finished observatory, can finish Grocer in 2 or Uni in 8.

Ploughland: finished observatory, can finish Grocer in 1 or Uni in 4

Sinsburg: can finish Observatory in 6 or Uni in 8

Chowderton: will finish Court in 2

Polynesia: finished Observatory, University will take 7

Magadan: 3 more for worker then settler

Glassport: Library in 3

Port Tropicana: Library in 6

Weaverville: finish Granery, Courthouse in 10

Mecca (renamed to “Suth’n Comfort” because “Southern Comfort” was too long): will be building Granery for a while, but workers have started a mine.

Sent Education to Loco, but what are they doing and how long will it take? We can now see that Epsilon and Piffle have Economics and Liberalism. The new tech has boosted our score to 1227, just 55 points below Piffle which is quite a surprise since they are at least 4 techs up on us. All the new Observatories means Replacable parts will be done in only 4 turns!

(Decided to talk about our military situation in a new thread a little later)

What's up with that Alohan city in the east? Is it new?

And I think we should be building Unis to get Oxford.

Population, territory and/or wonders will be giving us the boosted score. But be careful, score isn't what really matters in the end. A decent tech lead and reasonably healthy military will still beat out a higher score with more (but obsolete) units.

@ Dutch, the Alohan city "Terve" is already size 6 so it couldn't be that new. Our galley saw it the way over but I didn't really point it out cuz it didn't seem like a big deal.

I decided to put the military upgrade stuff right here.

First of all upgrading our 7 Camels to Cavalry would cost 770 gold which can be raise in 3 turns of 0% science. I think its worth doing right away.

The rest of our units are working there way to toward the west coast, but besides being obsolete are also designed for offence. Considering that 3 of our core cities could fall in an amphibious assault in the first two turns of a war, I think we should start building some Muskets.

Here is how it might work:
Ploughland will finish Uni in 3 then can build Muskets in 4 turns.
Chowderton will finish Courthouse next turn then build a Musket every 2(Caravels and Galleons also take 2, but I'm not sure if a naval defence is worth while for us)

We should just get rid of the two archers and build 10 Muskets for now. that is two in every coastal city. We should decide if we want frigates because that will mean we need Iron. I don't see anyone who can trade it so we'd have to settle that crummy Iron spot up north.

That would also mean a max science rate of 70%.

Top Bottom