Turns 180 -189

Frigates are an absolute necessity at this point. They remain the most powerful ocean-bound vessel for a considerable part of the game, right up until Battleships and Destroyers way into the future. So we definitely need to get access to a source of Iron.

You're right though that before we get access to Frigates there is very little point in creating a naval defence, since enemy Frigates will eat our ships alive. Better to concentrate on homeland defence for now. :)

A few interesting developments this turn:

The Epsilon's Galleon has put to sea. Our Caravel is too slow, the galleon could be in the one foggy tile that was out of our range, three catapults are also missing.

Our own galley has made it to Piffle and unloaded our camel for exploration. (Could someone contact them and tell them of our friendly intentions?)

What is going on with Piffles power last turn? A sharp down turn but troop strength is actually up slightly this turn from 563,000 to 567,000 (Not sure if Power is different than number of soldiers) though so could they have rushed a project? World wide avg population is down from 4,225,500 to 4,052,250.

Chowderton has finished the courthouse and will now begin Muskets. We still have a long way to go so I think it would be a good idea to drop science to zero and upgrade our camels. Does anyone else support this plan?

Yeah, upgrades are very important especially for us in this situation, so go for it. (That is, unless we're delaying Chemistry by doing so, in which case we should get that technology first before gathering cash for upgrades as it's vitally important to get Grenadiers and Frigates ASAP.)

The demographics population can go down dramatically if just one or two very large cities are whipped slightly. That's probably all that has happened there, at a guess.

Maybe Piffle lost a few battles to Aloha. That's about all I can make of the graphs. I would have said gifts of units, but no other team's power has increased by the same margin so I'd have to say troop deaths. (I find it highly unlikely that Piffle would be disbanding anything, especially on such a large scale.)

As for the increase in soldier numbers, that's a lot easier - Piffle will probably have just discovered a new technology which increases their soldier numbers (possibly two such technologies if they've traded with Epsilon). This would explain their soldier numbers increasing even while they lose actual troop numbers (and power).

Might they disband if they were into the unit maintenance range, to gain gpt for faster research or upgrades? Also I wonder if gifting units might not show until the recipient's turn has passed?

The Epsilon's Galleon has put to sea. Our Caravel is too slow, the galleon could be in the one foggy tile that was out of our range, three catapults are also missing

Start upgrading ASAP, switch to military builds if it's possible too.

It looks now that the drop in Piffle's power was due to casualties they must have suffered destroying Ciao. They are moving closer to Aloha's capitol.

Epsilon's Caravel is back patrolling the west coast. We've built our first Musket and Camel upgrades have begun (2 a turn).

The galley and camel are trapped in Piffles hinterland. I figure we might as well look it over while where there.

Finished worker in Magadan, will start prepping the Iron site for our next settler, due in 8.

Can build the Forbiden Palace now, but I'm not sure if its worth while.

Wheelville for one could use more health resources or some more health buildings.

I think we should ask Aloha and Loco for map trades.

Formule 1 gezien in Spa Francorchamps zegt:
hi
time to talk (civ4) MTDG?
Simon zegt:
hey, yeah sure
we were oddly surprised by finding your offer of engineer for education when we opened the saved
Simon zegt:
yeah, that was just what i'd been told to do
Simon zegt:
apparantly you were meant to gift us education
we were?
Simon zegt:
according to robi d
are you sure he isn't switching us up with team Loco?
Simon zegt:
no, they gifted us printing press
Simon zegt:
i can go get the post
I'd appreciate that
Simon zegt:
Innovia is ment to give us Education. Loco already gave us Printing Press.

I will try to find out there research plans and tell them we are doing scientific method
Simon zegt:
that was in answer to what i was to do regarding giving engineering away
okay, I'll pass it on to our turnplayer, however I can't find anywhere that we agreed to this deal, do you know with who he talked about this?
Simon zegt:
no, however why are we giving you engineering?
Simon zegt:
i.e. what did you give us in return?
I don't know, but I can't find anything on you giving us engineering at all (we actually agreed to get it from Loco)
Simon zegt:
oh well surely if this three team alliance was to continue we should agree to share as much as possible
indeed
have you coordinated your research with loco?
Simon zegt:
no, participation has sapped quite a bit what with us getting battered (rather im not sure whether we have)
Simon zegt:
over the past month i've only played about 1 and a half weeks of turns due to holiday's etc
Simon zegt:
so just trying to get back in the game
Simon zegt:
but we're researching sci meth right now
Simon zegt:
as we have a GS that gets us ~halfway there
well, we've built the Taj, and we've split up research together with Loco
Simon zegt:
ok
it would be best if we could give you some techs to finish as well
Simon zegt:
well as already stated we're on sci meth now, we can work out what techs we should research also

Anyone remember offering them Education for Engineering?

I don't recall agreeing to any deal yet. Here is their last proposal (from the Aloha com thread) but we never accepted it because we were already getting Gunpowder from Loco. Instead we gave them 110 gold to help with Engineering so we could set up a trade when they got it.

Hello 1889,

I don't know how we can go for a chat time, this weekend is full on for me. However i will put something to you now because honestly i don't think we will be able to last much longer. Piffle has opened up a second front. We will try to hold them off as long as possible.

We already have an agreement for Printing Press, but we are interested in Education. If you can also offer 100g we will give you Gunpowder and Divine Right. We are researching Engineering but we are not sure if we can finish or now but with the gold we can probably squeeze it out.

Apart from that if you could spare a unit or twenty it would be great. Also Epsilon and Piffle have Frigates so they are untouchable at sea for the moment.

If your happy with the deal please let us know so we can get things rolling asap

All the best
Robi D

They also mention sharing all techs, so why are they still holding on to DR?

Top Bottom