[TUT] Adding newly created units to Civ4 in 6 "easy" steps

You're a genius! I would never guess that myself... :D Thanks man! :goodjob:
I confirm that the frozen animation option activated is the reason of the problem I was taking about few posts above, and I confirm that this happens in BtS and not in Vanilla Civ IV.
Well then you've confirmed for me that that option doesn't properly work in vanilla because the bug is suppose to occur on most custom units with that option on, if it works properly.

Is there any way to incorporate a unit directly into the game? You MUST have it as its own mod..? I just wanna add 1 unit, and restarting the game for 1 unit doesn't seem worth it

I have problem and need help. My new units (for example hovercraft) n working fine in my mod for basic version of civ4 have some problem in Bts version. Unit displays right in activ moment only. When I use next unit, last unit is displaying like unit which animation it uses...

example: Hovercraft on the and turn is displayed as tank :(

Some idea, please...:(

Turn it off, it doesn't work properly with it on unless all of your units use proper nif and shadernif files. Or maybe it's to do with where the animations are, I think it uses that nif when they're not moving.

so ive followed the instructions, and its all good almost. ive added in the 11 japanese units by danrell. the problem is in game in the build menu there are like 3 or 4 of each unit... any suggestions?

EDIT
well i fixed that problem.

Thanks Rabbit!!, a most helpfull guide.

I have managed to add a new unit with a new 3D model and everything.

But I have a question:

Back when I was making some testing/experimentation (I'm new to modding Civ IV) I run with a problem: I made a clone of the warrior and changed some stats and attributes (it worked), then I change the art of the warrior for those of the marines (again, it worked - it was kind of funny to see a marine at 4000 BC :lol: -), then I tried to change the dds image for this unit (named Terry after sovarn's guide), not the skin, but the button image. The mod loaded, Civilopedia was OK, but in-game as soon as I clicked such button to start training the unit the game crashes.
Any thought?

Now, its not that I plan to do that again (I kind of see it pointless), but just out of curiosity, do anyone knows why this happens? or this one belongs to the "twilight zone" :lol:.

I was thinking that moving the nif and kmf files to the module could work but there are just too many marine files in the fpk's. :p

The shared folder, I think, but it's a BMP file and it's spelt without the U. :p

@ PV - I think the problem is something to do with having a comma in your button line, I'm guessing. I could be wrong though.

I've added six units, following this tutorial closely, half of them work fine. The other three show up in the game yet seem to be frozen in place with their arms sticking out, and they stay frozen (no animation) when moving, attacking etc. Also no unit command icons show up. These units use vanilla animations, I know I'm using the correct animation, the creator's provided that info. What could be going wrong? Am I referencing wrong in the artdefines XML? I don't think that's it. I'm at a loss. Can someone help?

Top Bottom