Tutorial: Converting 3D Art from Civ 5/Civ BE to Civ 6

My Longswordsman uses two hands to swing the sword in combat.

Interesting. I will look and see if the animations are what i am looking for. Thanks :)

I'm having an issue with Step 6. Export to .cn6 gives an error.

Then in most cases you missed a step in blender.
Its best to import a vanilla model and make the settings of your model as close as possible to that vanilla model.

I'm having an issue with Step 6. Export to .cn6 gives an error.

What error do you get? Two of the most common reasons for an export error are:
1) Your mesh is not parented to an Armature (skeleton) - use Ctrl-P to Parent it.
2) You have not UV unwrapped your mesh.

That said if your importing a model from Civ 5/BE then it shouldn't be either of these.

What error do you get? Two of the most common reasons for an export error are:
1) Your mesh is not parented to an Armature (skeleton) - use Ctrl-P to Parent it.
2) You have not UV unwrapped your mesh.

That said if your importing a model from Civ 5/BE then it shouldn't be either of these.
Then in most cases you missed a step in blender.
Its best to import a vanilla model and make the settings of your model as close as possible to that vanilla model.

I'm actually trying to convert the Civ 5 Predator drone by Ekmek. So it's not really a vanilla or Civ 5 asset.

I'm trying to add a unique attack drone to a mod of mine. But R&F's assets are not accessible so *sigh*

If there is a way to add a free model version of it, any tips would be appreciated.

EDIT: i already fixed it :) no problem anymore.

so i tried to convert Civinators custom Bear Unit from Civ V to VI, and everything works well except of the animations...as long as the unit stand without moving everything is cool, but i better show you what i mean: this is the bear standing:

20190408165129_1.jpg

and this is the bear moving to another tile:
20190408165132_1.jpg
this is not looking good.

i am sure Deliverator know how to fix this :)

Last edited:
@ShiroToraRyu All the animations should be rotated by the same amount. Does any animation play when the bear is in the idle state? Perhaps the idle (BREATHING state) isn't set up with an animation? I think we these ones you might need to insert a rotation bone using CivNexus6 to orient them in the right way. Alternatively you might need to remove any existing rotation bone to fix them up.

Is there a video showing how to do this? I'm the kind of guy that needs to see what's happening and follow along to understand it.

Top Bottom