[Tutorial] Disabling Global Warmthinkery

attackfighter

Emperor
Well I was looking through the text files to see if there was an easy way to disable tech trading, when I came across this:

Numerator/Denominator for frequency of global warming (1,2 would be "half" normal warming).

A convenient way to disable global warming (another terrible feature).

Simply open your alpha.txt file in whatever location your game is installed at, then press CTRL and F at the same time to open word search. Once word search is open paste the above quote into it and find the line I'm talking about. After that it should be pretty straight forwards - edit the numbers on the left of the screen to whatever values you want (0, 0 would disable it completely I think). I haven't tested this but I'm 100% sure it works.

The ice cap on Chiron must be mountains of ice towering dozens of miles high. I once experimanted, as Santiago, with full planetbuster war. I accumulated a huge arsenal, and pressure domed all my bases, built a sattelite facility economy, and wrom porffed my bases. Ithen nuked ou all other bases except for one of Lal's sea bases. I next used PBs to attrit the worm/isle pops. After multiple rounds of global warming, all of Chiron was ocean trench depth; 3 or more kilometers deep. That is a heck of a lot of water stored in those ice caps. Incedently, that also means zero fungus left. I had effectively killed Planet.

Top Bottom