1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Types of maps...???

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Dwarkyzidez, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Dwarkyzidez

Dwarkyzidez Chieftain

I'm fairly new to Civ IV. Only completed one game (Settler, won by Space Race). Anyways, I've only been playing Pangaea, Continents, and Terra. I have recently tried Highlands also. But I am pretty confused on some of the maps. Is there a list of the maps and what is unique about them? Like Hub/Wheel/Ring/Fantasy/etc.?

2. Danicela

Danicela Prince

There should be an exemple of each map in the map selection menu, like for Single Player where we can see the type of the map on a planet.

3. Dwarkyzidez

Dwarkyzidez Chieftain

D'oh! Sorry, I haven't played "Play Now" since I got the game. Always been playing Custom. Well, thanks. But I just wanna know what these maps are that weren't on Play Now:

Hub
    Balanced
    Ring
    Wheel
    Fantasy

4. VeryApe

VeryApe Chieftain

You could always just start a game and go into the world builder and look :)

5. Veo

Veo Chieftain

Sirian, who wrote the map scripts for Civ 4, posted This very helpful guide to all the maps!

6. LordGek

LordGek Prince

When Fantasy was finally released fairly recently, did it still come with the total wrap option (a unit who goes far enough north will end up at the southern side of the map, and visa versa)?