1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

UHV changes for 1.4

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by AbsintheRed, Mar 24, 2016.

1. SanJose

SanJose Chieftain

yes, no, no ,yes

2. The Low King

The Low King Chieftain

Ivan burnt a great deal of the city and massacred a lot of the population.

3. SanJose

SanJose Chieftain

In 1570, Ivan IV

4. The Low King

The Low King Chieftain

Different Ivan, different invasion.

Ivan III annexed the city in 1478, burnt a large chunk of the city and killed or deported a lot of the population. Look it up.

5. Eric Cartmenez

Eric Cartmenez Chieftain

@ FRENCH UHV

If I understand the first UHV goal correctly, the goal is the recreation of Frankish Empire at it's biggest extend in 840AD ... but from the gameplay view it's almost impossible, I tried several times even including WB, yet cities seceding because of instability issues :sad:

- how about make Bordeaux, Lyon and Marseille flip to the player in the beginning?
    - maybe one city in Lorraine flipping to the player too, with 2-3 siege units inside?
    - so the player needs to settle Bretagne, Picardia and Saxony.
    - so the player needs to conquer Barcelone, Toulouse, Milan, Florence, Ausgburg.

- maybe give player 1 Mounted Sergant and 2 Swordsmen?

6. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

I think it would be better to instead give the French player a larger army (so that you don't have to savescum everything with your small starting army) and some sort of special stability boost so it's actually possible to conquer it all - the Arabs could also have a stability boost in the beginning.

Also, doesn't Calais spawn in Picardy, so you only have to conquer it, not settle (which takes longer)?

7. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

Attached Files:

8. Baron03

Baron03 Baron

Maybe rename the Moroccan's second UHV from - UHV2: The Marinids: Have 5000 culture in each of three cities in 1465 (it sounds odd)
    To: Have 5000 culture in three cities by 1465
    Or
    To: Ensure three cities have 5000 culture in 1465

9. Baron03

Baron03 Baron

I think removing Tripolitania from the Moroccan 1st UHV is a good idea. Although I'm indifferent on the Venetian suggestion.

Also, Genoa's 2nd UHV will have to be adjusted: found two corporations and build eight banks.
    The eight banks is fine, but since corporations are going to be changed to an SOI model the first half of the goal can't work. An alternative could be for Genoa to have more corporations in their cities than any other civ (raw total count). I think it would be competitive against larger civilizations.

10. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Will put this here to remember it when updating UHVs

11. Baron03

Baron03 Baron

On second thought, 850 is more appropriate for goal 1

I hate to dig up an older post, but looking at my suggested change for UHV 1 makes the 2nd UHV redundant, and the Arab civ deserves a better UHV to fit the "Islamic Golden Age." I think it's better than two conquest goals and a spread religion goal.

Possibly:
    Settle two great scientists, two great engineers, and two great prophets by X date.
    Build four wonders by X date.
    Have two golden ages by 1250.
    Be the most advanced civ in 1250 (most technologies researched).

12. Force44

Force44 Chieftain

I like the idea of the UHV fitting the Islamic Golden Age.

Do you want gameplay to incorporate the golden age (gameplay-golden age-gameplay-victory) ?
    Do you want gameplay to end with the start of the golden age (gameplay-victory) ?
    Do you want gameplay to end at the height of the golden age (gameplay-gold...-victory!) ?
    Or do you want gameplay to end at the end of the golden age (gameplay-golden age-victory) ?

The third UHV will give victory (and the second a golden age) and islamizing Europe can be achieved really early so the new UHV you propose has a lot of influence on when the game will end.
    (And it raises some additional questions like: When would you like the Islamic Golden Age to occur?)

13. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

How do you get the 35% islam so early?

14. Force44

Force44 Chieftain

Conquer the cities and give them away. Also gifting civs you have open borders with arab missionaries is more cost effective in the way of hammers per percentage islam than declaring war and conquering the civ.