UI Mods missing with save game

Wolfdog

Unit Butcher
I am look for help with an issue I am having with mods disappearing. I am using Better Report Screen, Sukritact's Simple UI Adjustments & More Lenses mods which are working fine when I start a new game with no issues. Then as soon as I save, quit and reload the save game those mods have disappeared from the mod list and I am no longer seeing them in the game. Has anyone seen this and know a fix for it?

No need to fix anything. UI mods, or more specifically mods that have Affects Save File = false, are not “stored” with the save file. That is the whole idea. Just enable them if you want to use them and load a save file.

No need to fix anything. UI mods, or more specifically mods that have Affects Save File = false, are not “stored” with the save file. That is the whole idea. Just enable them if you want to use them and load a save file.
That's the problem. They are enabled but not active.

I've read on here, Reddit, & Steam from multiple people with the same issue. And, honestly I haven't seen anyone come up with a reason or a fix. The only thing I can think to try is to validate your Steam files and delete you mods.sqlite & cache files, but I figure you've probably already done that. I hope you're able to find a solution.

I've read on here, Reddit, & Steam from multiple people with the same issue. And, honestly I haven't seen anyone come up with a reason or a fix. The only thing I can think to try is to validate your Steam files and delete you mods.sqlite & cache files, but I figure you've probably already done that. I hope you're able to find a solution.
Thanks LK. Looks like I am going to have to play without UI mods.

Last edited:
Can you post such a misbehaving savefile?
Thanks Infixo, but after an exhausting effort I have found the culprit. I wanted to play the Europe map for ynaemp so I downloaded a heap of civs for it. After enabling all the civs one by one I have found "[R&F] Ottoman Empire - Port Lime" to be the cause of the issue. There is nothing in the logs other than a UnitReplaces double up in "Selim - Humbaraci Unit.sql". Fixing that does not resolve the UI issue so I don't know what the exact issue is.

EDIT: found resolution on the mod page as someone also had the same issue. Just wish I had read that first :cry:
Looks like having mod dependencies in your .modinfo files causes issues with other mods loading.

Last edited:
Thanks Infixo, but after an exhausting effort I have found the culprit. I wanted to play the Europe map for ynaemp so I downloaded a heap of civs for it. After enabling all the civs one by one I have found "[R&F] Ottoman Empire - Port Lime" to be the cause of the issue. There is nothing in the logs other than a UnitReplaces double up in "Selim - Humbaraci Unit.sql". Fixing that does not resolve the UI issue so I don't know what the exact issue is.

EDIT: found resolution on the mod page as someone also had the same issue. Just wish I had read that first :cry:
Looks like having mod dependencies in your .modinfo files causes issues with other mods loading.
I was just reading those comments on Port Lime's Steam page and got all excited to come over here and let you know. However, before posting I looked back to see who posted last and saw it was you! :lol: Congrats though on finding the culprit and saving me some trouble as I had been considering d/ling that mod for awhile. It's the DLC dependencies that were causing a LoadOrder problem, correct?

I was just reading those comments on Port Lime's Steam page and got all excited to come over here and let you know. However, before posting I looked back to see who posted last and saw it was you! :lol: Congrats though on finding the culprit and saving me some trouble as I had been considering d/ling that mod for awhile. It's the DLC dependencies that were causing a LoadOrder problem, correct?
Yes, that is correct. From what I can tell it is only an issue with DLC and community mods don't seem to affected by the bug. It seems to break mod load order from what I could tell but only with UI mods. Weird.

Hi. I am having this issue. Can you elaborate on the fix? Particularly for mods not working/loading in saved games.

Top Bottom