[GS] UI Mods

MrUnlad

Chieftain
Hi all and sorry if this is the wrong place for this (I'm new here)

Since the September update the 2 best UI mods for this game no longer work (concise UI and CQUI).
Neither of these mods will be supported in the future according to the authors.
Therefore my question is if any of you know of or can create a similar optimized UI mod, preferably one that makes the construction menu smaller so more can fit on screen at the same time like both of the previously mentioned mods do.

Thanks

You can get Concise UI working again by following either of these these instructions:

BTSeven7 Sep 20 @ 12:24pm

I have got the mod working as best as possible by commenting sections out in the "cui.modinfo" with notepad++. I feel it's easier than deleting folders.

To comment a line out use the brackets <!-- LINE -->.

Search for the following terms and comment out the lines:
trade_panel
espionage_panel
worldcongresspopup
spy_info

Example of line commented out:
<!-- <File>modules/spy_info/additions/cui_spyinfo.xml</File> -->

I have found any issues so far doing this.
Or:

ubereffect Sep 28 @ 2:40pm

Based on previous posts, you'll want to either delete or rename the following.

Delete or rename the following folders located within
\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\1671978687\modules
trade_panel, espionage_panel, spy_info (only one poster reported removing spy_info)

Delete or rename the following file located within
\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\1671978687\modules\leader_icons\expansion2
worldcongresspopup.lua

Alternatively you may comment these out by editing the "cui.modinfo" located at
\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\1671978687\
using notepad, or better yet notepad++, by wrapping the line in question as follows
<!-- LINE -->

Two mods that may help fill in the void: Better Trade Screen, and Better Espionage Screen, both by decoiff.
I followed the first suggestion, and then added both of the suggested mods and it works great.

You are right, that is indeed a decent option. Some functionality is still lost however.
Since posting this thread someone has started to update CQUI on Github and I am now using that again.
Thanks for the help!

Cool. I just discovered the CQUI fix as well. I'm going to give that a shot this weekend. For anyone wondering it is located here.

Top Bottom