Uknes

Originally posted by wilboman
And how come France gets a piece of Madagascar, when he never told anyone about it?! It's not fair! :cry:
Ah no, just whining. But don't you have to declare war on a person to invade his territory, even if it happens to be a non-player country. France jsut went ahead without warning anyone...
I mean, a warning is common courtesy. Imagine if my guys started attacking his guys in the confusion?

Sorry about that, I haven't have much time to post in the thread as I've been a bit busy.
My bad:o
Dexter

To IceEye: :p :D. Uknemesis warned us in a post, 'cause Dex forgot to.
To Dexter: I don't really care, it's just a game. I was just using the opportunity to get down to some lovely whining...
I :love: whining...
How are those combat results getting on? I ain't gonna post my deployments until I know exactly how much money I've got, and how many losses I've racked up...

Emperor Kwan-Sn resigns and Japan becomes a "neutral" country.

Uh oh. Kwansn resigning means the first stage of the DEATH OF UKNES! Oh no!! j/k, I couldn't resist. :D

To be honest I hope it doesn't, but I fear you may be right as the game gets a bit stale.

But I promise if it does then I will make a new one, one which is easier for just me to manage(so I can do regular updates alone), and with trading and some other things added.

Anyway, everyone keep playing, the map and headlines should be up soon, as me and Matt have already done our bits.

Also, I can reveal that Russia fought the South African troops as Shaka saw them as the biggest threat, and then France snatched some land in the land grab after the South Africans were defeated by Russia.

France gained 10 gold's worth of land, Russia gained 15.

This is to allow everyone to begin buying their new troops, as I have also PMed the losses.

Everyone, please remember not to tell me "Add 1 tank to the 1st Army", but add them to your deployments yourself! This was one of the reasons that it became hard to keep up. If you don't know your deployments, PM me and I will send them to you.

NOW EVERYONE HAS 250 GOLD TO SPEND EXCEPT GERMANY(325 GOLD), RUSSIA(265 GOLD) AND FRANCE(260 GOLD).

Also, Spain is selling New Guinea to Britain for 20 gold, which will increase Britain's buying power by 10 gold.

So if the British buy it this turn, their next income will have an extra 10 gold.

Anyway, start buying today, and combat orders will be resolved on Friday!

Nemesis

Okay, remember all buying orders come to me until we get a new deployments mod(please God send me one! :p )

Also, South Africa has been completely destroyed, so stop attacking them! lol

Finally, sad to see you go Kwansn, you've been one of the best at sending in deployments! Anyway, Japan will be well looked after I promise, but I hope that Jason the King will take them, as he is only a co-mod so he can have a nation.

Jason, if you want them, say here and I will PM Japan's deployments to you.

Nemesis

Uknemesis, I will try to manage to play this game, seems pretty hard, especially if you are also playing a moding 5 other! LOL, but I will try, so go ahead and PM me the deployments. Also, could you PM me the history and where Japan stands in the world?

[OOC: I will be on vacation for 10 days;PMed my orders and buys to uknemesis.If AA is attacked,Brazil will support them. OOC]

French Victory In Madagascar, Local Citizens Rejoice!
There were scenes of happiness today as thousands of Madagascarian citizens rejoiced the liberation of their peoples from the iron grip of Shaka thanks to French and Russian forces. One man said, "This is a great day for our country, finally we can be free and enjoy a free and democratic life!"
The President today paid tribute to the hundreds of French and Russian forces which helped win the battle, he said, " Today is a great day for democracy, we have won a great battle in freeing the oppressed peoples of South Africa. I would now like to take this opportunity to thank the brave men who fought for democracy and helped us achieve our most glorious victory!"
There was also rejoicing in the capital as Madagascarian refugees celebrated the liberation of their country.
This is as the President said, a great day for democarcy!
Extract from the 'Parisian'

Unemployment On The Decrease!
For the first time in seven months unemployment has started to drop. The governments new plans for worker's unions and support for developing companies seem to be working.
Unemployment fell by 250,000 last month a record high. The current number of unemployed is 8,600,000, that's about 1/4 of the workforce of France. The reason for these large rates of unemployment are now being blamed on the fact that more factories are hiring immigrants to do the jobs for 1/5 the pay of that of an average French worker!
The Government has also passed a new law which will prohibit the employment of these workers and offers support to companies so that they can afford to hire more men from the general French workforce. The new law states that a factory can only employ a worker with a French work-permit. These work-permits will be in full enforcement by May next year.
Minister for Employment Trudeau Desban has been working non-stop on these laws since gaining a cabinet seat last April after the re-shuffle. He seems to be making quite an impact with his plans and proposals and these new figures will only enforce his popularity.
Extract from the 'Parisian'

OOC: Uk, can you tell me the government of Japan? For now, I will think it of a Democracy, if it's not, then I will change this:

The former president of Japan's term has run out, and elections are being held in Kyoto. Runner-ups are Nashi Nakamora, Robert Williams (an englishman), Kilo Timura, and Nora Niking. According to polls taken by local newspapers, the favored to win is Kilo Timura, followed by Nashi. The elections should be quick.

Also, economy has been booming in the Japanese Main Islands, with an international market just craving for fish, in which Japan is supplying. Fishermen are in plenty, and the government is suppling many more job openings.

IMPORTANT OOC: I just thought I'd ask it here, but DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO POST A SAVEGAME? I tried attaching one to a post but it says "The file is too big." /OOC

Zip it using Winzip or some azipping program then attach it

INTERNATIONAL PRESS (IP) - NEWS UPDATE WORLD

WORLD ECONOMY CRUMBLES AFTER ANGLO-FRENCH SKIRMISH

PARIS – World stock markets crumbled today after the news of the Anglo-French skirmish become public. In New York, the NYSE lost 4.5%, the London Stock Exchange folded, loosing 11.2% in three hours, causing President Kitchener to freeze the stock market.

News of the freezing of the LSE sent international markets crumbling, as Britain is traditionally seen as the safest haven for investors. The Japanese Index lost 6.5%, whilst the Yen dived to ¥7.89 to the dollar.

Other stock markets:
Russia (RSE): Down 2.9%
France (FSE): Down 5.6%
Canada (CSE): Down 8.9%
Brazil (BSE): Down 4.5%
Sweden (SSE): Down 14.5% (due to uncertainty about stability of European Alliance and Sweden’s waining economy).
China (ChSE): Up 0.05%
Spain (SpSE): Up 1.3%
South Africa (JSE): Suspended – incorporated into RSE
Italy (ISE): Up 0.25%

The price of gold (not Gold Currency) rose sharply in after the Anglo-French crisis. Gold Bullion traded at $323 a week ago, but today its trading at $455 – the sharpest gain in 50 years.

WE WILL FIGHT BACK - KITCHENER

LONDON - An enraged president Kitchener vowed today that Britain will stop at nothing to punish France. He called on all Britains allies to contact him immediately to help organise a retalliation.

He also said that, if France withdrew from occupied terrotories, Britain might accept a peaceful agreement.

OOC: Anyone who wants me to post some news about their country, just PM me and tell me what. I will try and jazz it up. Sorry for these boring articles, but I am a bit uncreative at present - Pieter)

Pieter, are you by any chance a stock exchange guy?!

Anyway, France hasn't gained any territory in the skirmish!

REMEMBER GUYS, ONLY LAND SKIRMISHES GAIN GROUND, NOT AIR OR SEA!

Nemesis

Damn, sorry Jason, I forgot to say that the map I sent you was the first original(I don't have a bitmap of the latest one, I update it per turn), and therefore South Africa is German on the world map(it's still black there).

Anyway, did France gain 2/5s of the South African part of Madagascar? I can't really tell lol(my poor eyes from watching the EnglandvBrazil game!)

Finally, Spain is selling to Britain ALL of New Guinea, as it is too far from the rest of her empire.

Nemesis

Dexter said:
Zip it using Winzip or some azipping program then attach it

I knew it! I just wasn't sure.:D Thanx Dex.

Hahaha. Up 0.05% for China's stock market. At least I'm not going down!

Top Bottom