UN, bug and crash

LumenAngel

King
After a memory bug (very huge map need a lot of memory...), i reload an auto-save.
Game ask me for an UN resolution (normal), but all button are blank.
Then, he ask me to vote for someone (I think, not normal...)

I end my turn, others AI play and ... crash without message, Civ just shut down

I tried to chose "None", but still crach, maybe because of the vote for the new secretary...
If I chose a blank button -> instant crash

Attachments

• UNbugciv.jpg
    UNbugciv.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 53
After a memory bug (very huge map need a lot of memory...), i reload an auto-save.
Game ask me for an UN resolution (normal), but all button are blank.
Then, he ask me to vote for someone (I think, not normal...)

I end my turn, others AI play and ... crash without message, Civ just shut down

I tried to chose "None", but still crach, maybe because of the vote for the new secretary...
If I chose a blank button -> instant crash

Need:
  • Details of which version you are running (SVN as of what date, or which release version)
  • minidump from the crash (will be wherever your BTS executable is installed)
  • Save game that illustrates it

Version 21, i dont find the SVN version, but I downloded it 27th march 2012 here (so must be the last before v22)

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1605-January.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 47
  • MiniDump.zip
    12 KB · Views: 45
Version 21, i dont find the SVN version, but I downloded it 27th march 2012 here (so must be the last before v22)

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this has been fixed. If I run that save I get the blank dialog (that's inevitable since it was queued up before the save when running the buggy version), but clicking any option has no effect and no longer crahses the game.

I suggest you upgrade. As a workaround what happens if you load the autosave BEFORE the one that crashes and continue from there? (so avoiding the state where it ran out of memory which may be causing the problem prior to the last autosave having been made)

Top Bottom