Un-Destroyed City Improvements?

Luckmann

Esusian Epicure
This is a rather general question, but I can't fathom how to search for it across the forum. I'm sure it's been considered or discussed in a number of threads.

The question; is it possible to prevent the 'wipe' of city improvements upon conquest? If so, how? And possible major side effects for doing so, since I can't grasp why every mod and it's mother isn't running it, if it were easy.

So a long shot, but thought I should ask. ;)

iirc, Kael said that taking a city and gaining a lot of improvements makes war too profitable in a game where it's already very advantageous. I know there's a variable that controls the chances of a building being detroyed on conquest, but I'm not skilled enough to know exactly where.

I believe there is a hidden game option that accomplishes this already for one of the scenarios... Open up CIV4GameOptionInfos in the XML\Gameinfo folder, find the option, and set <bVisible>0</bVisible> to 1 rather than 0.

Thanks. It's a bit cryptic, but I think it's:

<GameOptionInfo>
<Type>GAMEOPTION_CAPTURE_ALL_BUILDINGS</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_CAPTURE_ALL_BUILDINGS</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_CAPTURE_ALL_BUILDINGS_HELP</Help>
<bDefault>1</bDefault>
<bVisible>1</bVisible>
</GameOptionInfo>

It doesn't actually have a TXT entry, so it looks screwed up in the game. I haven't tested it in the game yet (and given how rarely I actually play long enough to get involved in a major war, this will be hard to test in a foreseeable future :p).
iirc, Kael said that taking a city and gaining a lot of improvements makes war too profitable in a game where it's already very advantageous. I know there's a variable that controls the chances of a building being detroyed on conquest, but I'm not skilled enough to know exactly where.
I understand the logic, but on the other hand - what else is there? It's not like cultural influence or vassalisation, especially in team games, is an option.

Now at least I can pretend in my head that those damn Elohim are my vassals, just that on the grand scale of things they happen to be in "my" borders. :)

I do believe there's a setting on each building itself that gives the chance of it surviving conquest.

Yes. For each building, it's

<iConquestProb>100</iConquestProb>

Which is the probability you'll keep the thing. Generally set at 100 for world wonders, 0 for national wonders and religious buildings.

Side effects if you allow religious buildings to be kept would be things like having an Asylum in a city owned by the Order. :D

Top Bottom