UN mission and Holy wars

citus334

Chieftain
Hi i really miss using the knight orders of holy wars and the UN peacekeepers
can someone tell me how to enable them in the new dawn?
im using 2.92 rise of manind and a new dawn 1.74

I did a personal update of Holy Wars a while ago for myself, see if it works for you. It is run out of the Modules folders. If they do not load at all, check the MLF loading controls to include "Holy_Wars."

I'll see what I can do for Peacekeepers, maybe I have RoM 2.7 laying around somewhere on my external HD, which would make things easy.

Attachments

• Holy_Wars.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 119
You're welcome, I figured out the issue with UN units, they were there all the time, but disabled by A New Dawn. Add the following to "MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls" in the "Modules" folder.
Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>Buildings</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>
				<Module>
					<Directory>Custom Units</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>
Also make sure that you still have the "Bulidings" and all the UN units folder in the "Custom Units" folders that came with RoM are still there as well.

Check out the tutorial for adding MLF file entries if you are not familiar with adding them.

I can see why Afforess disabled them since the code is really not there to make Peacekeeping realistic; also the fact that there are now Future UN units also makes them an awkward fit into the current version of RoM. Peacekeepers should have nationality and only be able to attack Hidden Nationality Units/Barbarians and nations which the UN declares war on.

thank you thank you so much !! :goodjob:
i really appreciate it. and also what do you mean future un units?

You are welcome again.

What I meant by Future UN Units are UN peacekeeping units for the future eras of RoM (i.e. UN Mech Walker, UN Hover Tank, UN Dropship, etc.) so that the UN units can compete with the high tech units. The UN module was probably a mod component designed for BtS, and simply added by zap to RoM; the issue there is that RoM has a future era, and BtS doesn't.

so can i activate the future units as well?
and also is there anyway to build the UN mission while diplomatic victory is turned off while the United nations setting is on?

so can i activate the future units as well?
Those units do not exist, I was just saying that they are one of the components, which should be made for Peacekeeping (as well as a better way of conducting Peacekeeping than hidden nationality units). I doubt they will be added since art does not exist for them and without a better Peacekeeping system and the impending release of Civ5, there is no motivation to make them.

and also is there anyway to build the UN mission while diplomatic victory is turned off while the United nations setting is on?

I doubt it since the MLFloadingcontrols added by AND exclude the UN Mission. If Afforess chose the cut them, then it is unlikely that he is going to support them.

Top Bottom