UN Resolution Modification

Damn, I never read all the posts before I reply.
I think voting on a world religion would be neat.

I'v been reading the forum since CIV4 gone gold, and it's been very helpful so far. But a mod oportunity like this is incredible, just made me register :D

So much stuff could be added for votes! :eek:

Gonna try and see if I'm able to add some votes... altho I'v got no experience moding the CIV franshise... :p

The mod doesn't seem to work well on my computer. I have a patched 1.09 version. The game runs normally, I can retake the votes but I cannot make anyone vote for, say, global slavery. There is no option for it.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

FinrodFelagund said:
The mod doesn't seem to work well on my computer. I have a patched 1.09 version. The game runs normally, I can retake the votes but I cannot make anyone vote for, say, global slavery. There is no option for it.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Strange. Are you using English? If not, download the patch to this mod someone made on another post.

one thing that might be added, if possible, is a check to see if the specified civic has been discovered by anyone yet. Because once it's a global civic it is available whether you researched for it or not. That way if someone did do an early rush to UN (and tech comes really easy in Civ IV) they still would be limited by the political ideas that are actually available in the world. Nobody has researched democracy? Oops sorry about that, representation is not available yet, nobody has bronze (unlikely) nope no slavery for you guys, etc . . .

It's impossible for any player to have Mass Media but not Bronze Working, I think. (I'm not quite sure, though. Has anyone figured out the prerequisite to advance ages? It seems like the only prerequisite for Mass Media is to be in the Modern Age.)

Would be really neat to envoke peacekeeping missions. Where one nation is extremly agressive towords one of you're friendly nations, you can envoke a peacekeeping coalition with 1 or more nations to go to "war" against the agressor without beeing in a state of war.... that meaning you only have the power to retake cities that the victim nation has lost, and to defend remaining cities... good idea?

KraftFOR said:
Would be really neat to envoke peacekeeping missions. Where one nation is extremly agressive towords one of you're friendly nations, you can envoke a peacekeeping coalition with 1 or more nations to go to "war" against the agressor without beeing in a state of war.... that meaning you only have the power to retake cities that the victim nation has lost, and to defend remaining cities... good idea?
that would be awesome, but i think question will always be how will the ai handle the new options.

Excellent mod! Good work. I think it's silly the way the UN is set up now, though I do appreciate the options to put up resolutions as votes. I mean, Firaxis always says that they don't favor any one particular civic and all, but by making only the last civics available to be voted on are you not in effect endorsing those civics?

Besides, in the real world, no major power (and possibly not even a minor one) would agree to change their government on the whim of a toothless UN vote.

is this mod compatible with 1.61. I'm in the middle of a game with this mod and I hate to lose it if its not compatible.

This is an excellent start but would be really something if these suggestions were added. I was thinking that if someone declared war on another, there would be 2 new resolutions, one stopping all trade in and out of the civ and another forcing everyone into a war.
My other idea was allowing people to disobey the UN but at a costly price in terms of international relations. However, i have no idea of how modding works and i doubt that this would be possible...

Great stuff though, keep it up!

I'll second the request to see this modified somehow to only offer civics that have been researched by the secretary general's nation. Does that work as a workaround?

Starting trade embargoes would be interesting, and might have two forms (three for a combined form)
- embargo against city trade route
- embargo against resource trading

I think with enough beefing up, the UN might emerge from this mod as a highly potent wonder & give some attraction to a diplomatic victory ...

Starting trade embargoes would be interesting, and might have two forms (three for a combined form)
- embargo against city trade route
- embargo against resource trading

I'll second that motion. I think the UN has a lot of great potential in this game and I'd love to see this happen.

I've been wanting to do my own mod based on the UN, although I don't know what to change. Sorry if I sound like a Noob.

Hear hear!

But I think asking a modder (who is remember, most likely not a programming expert. Not getting paid for this and doing this in his spare time out of the goodnees of his heart) is asking a bit much.

I am hoping see a UN overhaul with a whole host of new options in a 2nd Expansion that will focus more on diplomacy and domestic improvements to make a good counter to the recent one that was obviously focused on war and expansion.

How about having "Your UN vote for" as a diplomacy option for which certain shameless nations can sell and buy from others as a way of getting ahead diplomatically??

I want to tweak this mod to only allow voting for the 2 or 3 most advanced civics per category. Do I only have to delete the appropriate info from CIV4VoteInfo, or do I have to chop things out of GameTextInfos too?

Top Bottom