Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied.

Pooh Shaoqi

Chieftain
I used to run this just fine but now i try to update and i get this "Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied." error. I am not getting it with other installations and ive run dry and trying the hundred 'answers' google gave. Ive tried shutting down my firewalls, ives tried restarting, rerouting my temp folder, changing permissions, running as admin, everything i can think of. Its extraordinarily frustrating since ive been really excited to check out the many updates since i last played, but im really stumped on this. I thought it was on my end because of the nature of the error and i dont see anyone else complaining of it but i cant figure what else to try, maybe some one else here had something similar and fixed it? I run on Windows 10, and a decent enough pc, as i said ive run this fine in the past. plz help

I used to have a similar issue with Bitdefender, it would block the install file due to the ransomware protection. Disabling that module when installing a new patch worked for me.

I had this same problem the other day. I downloaded a program called lockhunter. Used it to determine what was blocking access and it has an option to fix the permissions of the file or folder. Going in through security and trying to change permissions that way wouldn't work.

Clearly Gazebo only put in thousands and thousands of man-hours into this mod as part of an elaborate long con to eventually, 8 years after the initial game's release, try to install ransomware on several dozen gamers' computers under the innocuous title "New Beta Version - August 6th (8/6)". Truly devious.

Top Bottom