1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] The Authentic Colonization (TAC)

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Writing Bull, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Pongui

Pongui Chieftain

Dec 3, 2016
    Just enjoying this mod first game myself, Amrod.

#1 Yeah Silver resource is not very useful. But honestly if it was very useful I'd just dedicate the early game to silver mining... boring.
    #2 I don't use those hotkeys. I believe it's an oversight in the original game. Maybe a file you can edit...
    #3 Transactions ledger is a tab at left edge of screen. It'll remember if you leave it expanded.

Mighty thanks to the TAC team!

At first the trade routes system appeared complicated. But I just did what seemed intuitive to me, and it worked! Then I discovered there are actually multiple ways to set them up. Well that's a remarkably fine interface: that, whatever works for the user personally, works.

I have a question about distribution though. Say I want a Wagon Train to equally distribute Lumber between A, B, and C; which are all in a line. I can set it in series: A->B, B->C, C->B, B->A. In this case I think the Wagon Train doesn't consider C when it's on the A leg...? Alternately I can set it in parallel: A->B, A->C, B->A, B->C, C->A, C->B. But in this case I think the Wagon Train does a lot of wasted movement..? I'm trying to understand how Wagon Trains decide their next move on long chains. Sometimes they seem stuck at one side of the chain.
  2. chit

chit Chieftain

Mar 24, 2017
    haha don't know if anyone is still looking at thread.

first wanted to say thanks to those who put this mod together. you took a game that was just a shell and turned it into something really worth playing. awesome job.

second, was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with the game minimising during play. not a big deal, once in an hour or so the screen will minimise and i need to wait a few seconds before i can expand it again and continue playing. otherwise it just minimises again. i'm guessing it's something on my pc but have no idea what. any clues?
  3. SteamCiv

SteamCiv Chieftain

May 18, 2012
    Should we be using that CORE found in the above website replacing the core currently TAC 203 found on the first message of this thread?

The date of the fixed CORE from the link is 24 Feb, 2014 (3940kb)
    the date of the TACOPs final 203 is 3 August, 2012 (3944kb)
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. cammcken

cammcken Chieftain

Jul 25, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Quick questions guys, if anyone is still around on this forum...

Can converted natives learn by doing? Or only free colonists?

Where can I customize my personal game files to allow converted natives to LbD?