1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Undead Unit Pack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Civitar, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Yeah, sorry you had to wait. I hope to see some more buildings out tonight... or tomorrow?
    And I've downloaded the BE demo, so I'm busy working through how to get a fully working BE unit in Civ5. So far effects are the only trouble.

2. bouncymischa

bouncymischa Synthetic Genie

No worries, it certainly wasn't your fault that the database blew up. :p

Not terribly surprised that effects are causing trouble -- they've always seemed to be a bit troublesome. Still, it'll be cool to see if people do start converting over sci-fi stuff, as I've got my own near-future mod I played around with in the past that they'd be fun to incorporate into. I should really update Nexus Buddy, particularly since I never got the scripts working properly in it... but I'll hold off until my current wave of buildings conversions is done, just so I don't screw up NB in the middle of it...

The Civ 5 modding forums have been pretty quiet this past week, between the release of BE and the database issue, so I was wondering if anyone would even notice if I posted stuff. But now that you're back in action, I'll crank out the last of the conversions I wanted to do tonight so I can post a bunch of spooky buildings to go along with your spooky models!

3. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Happy Halloween to all!
    Spoiler :
    Sorry it took so long, and that there are so few new units. There are still several Zombies awaiting release, but I've got no time tonight to upload them.
    I'll just list the new Zombies: you get a classic Zombie with new animations (Deliverator's), a headless Zombie, a one-armed Zombie, a green Zombie, and a Zombie chopped off at the waist. Again, apologies for delay.

4. Dunabar

Dunabar Chieftain

Awesome work Civitar, those Skeletons look great, and are giving me ideas. =D

Cannot wait to see what is next coming down the pipeline. :goodjob:

5. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

So which units are currently in the pack? It would be nice if you can update the top post...

6. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Yes, I should.:p
    But do I use the spooky pictures, or the ingame screenshots?
    For now, there are: Skeleton, Skeleton Archer, Skeleton Spearman, Skeleton Swordsman, Wraith, Dracolich, and three Vampire variants.
    Which reminds me I totally forgot about uploading the Zombies! I'll try to get that done tonight, sorry everybody!

7. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I like the spooky pictures :)

8. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Boom boom, OP updated.
    Still needs links to Dracolich and Wraith as standalone unit, plus those infernal Zombies.

9. bouncymischa

bouncymischa Synthetic Genie

They're looking great! I haven't had a chance to try out the newer models you made yet, so curious to see how they all appear. :D

10. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Well, the Skeleton Swordsman is frankly one of the top 3 units I've ever made in terms of rigging. The Kraken is a strong competitor because all the rigging was already done by the Civ4 artist.:D
    The third is one that hasn't been released yet.

11. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

It's nice to know that you're still working on units... can we expect any new ones soon? (I ask because I'm getting close to the release of my mod.)

12. Belzhorash

Belzhorash Chieftain

With those units my idea of an undead citystate died and an undead civilization arises.
    Thanks, Civitar!

13. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

New new units, I don't know. I still need to get the Dracolich and Wraith into the OP, but I'm running into issues when trying to get the Dracolich ingame. Namely, when I plop him on the map using IGE a llama with a bell appears rather than a skeletal dragon with rotting wings... I think I may have some errors in my ArtDefines.

:lol:Haha, glad you like them!

14. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

I thought maybe this pack could use a symbol of its own!

EDIT: And a fancy script to go with it in the OP...

Attached Files:

15. Dunabar

Dunabar Chieftain

Looks great Civitar! I can say that at least three of these units are making it into my mod.

16. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Are these skeletons done? Where are the art files for them if they are?

17. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

You might want to, I dunno, check the OP? That's where I keep all the download links.

18. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I am sorry I found them. They look great btw. Will your skeletons be riding undead horses?

19. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Why would you be sorry you found them???:p Commas are important or you run out of grandmothers...
    There would be a skeleton horseman except I can't find any good undead horse models around.:( Perhaps eventually there can be a reskin of the basic horse model to look like an undead horse but that would be very last-resort.

20. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Chieftain

Let's eat grandma! Seems like a good sentiment for an undead units pack.