1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Understanding Magnus

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by Boccages, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Boccages

Boccages Chieftain

I had a few questions about Magnus the governor.

1. It says that its first title enables "removing features from city" terrain. What does that mean?

2. Also, his first title doubles the harvests in the city. I understand it is good for bonus resources. So it doubles everything produced in the city from any tile? For example if I have an iron mine, it will double the production output of gears? I'm not sure I understand this one correctly.

2. borad

borad Chieftain

If you chop trees or harvest stone you get extra hammers (now 50%, it used to be 100%).

Best combined with a “card” -- e.g. Limes gives you 100% towards defensive structures. So chop a forest while building a wall and while Magnus is there and get 100% + 50% = 150% extra hammers for that sweet sweet wood.

Ditto harvesting wheat or the like gives you extra food.

It's not an ongoing benefit, as you describe with an iron mine. It's a one-off big boost.

iamliberal and Boccages like this.
  3. Boccages

Boccages Chieftain

So it's not simply doubling the resources/food you produce per turn, but it's only when you get rid of it, like in the case you chop down a forest or destroy a wheat field (which I never do). So that bonus is much generous than I thought...