[R&F] Undocumented changes with March Patch

Timothy001

Optimal Сasual Dating - Real-life Females
I've noticed a few changes in R&F with the new patch, but did not see in the patch notes.
1. Aerodrome colour is now red.
2. When an AI Civ commends or admonishes you for an agenda, there is now a blurb for some of them, telling you why.

Last edited:
It's good that they're making more of an effort to explain what's going on.

I'd like to think that the change in aerodrome color signifies more than a cosmetic change. It's entirely possible it is representative of a shift in thinking by the devs towards improving air combat, and by matching the color to the encampment, they are displaying this intent. It is, after all, an air COMBAT training facility.

On a side note, I rarely use military engineers, but I just did in a recent game. Have they always been able to build missile silos, or is this new, as well?

I'd like to think that the change in aerodrome color signifies more than a cosmetic change. It's entirely possible it is representative of a shift in thinking by the devs towards improving air combat, and by matching the color to the encampment, they are displaying this intent. It is, after all, an air COMBAT training facility.

On a side note, I rarely use military engineers, but I just did in a recent game. Have they always been able to build missile silos, or is this new, as well?

That's their function, alongside roads and forts. :) Since vanilla launch in the game.

Glad I wasn't just imagining the aerodrome color. Thought I was going crazy for a bit, though that is still possible.

Still think Aerodromes should provide Tourism.

How I wish they added some natural ambience tile graphics a la desert winds/auroras this patch-- it would have been awesome to see trees swaying in the wind colorful birds flying out of jungles. Very nice touches.

Strangely.. i always thought those Auroras greenish effects on Ice-Shelf tiles were indicative of a potential (unrevealed) Uranium source!
Same sort of reasoning with these special coastal tiles with oyster/clamp that give extra production... took me quite awhile to just notice their tooltips (i don't play with that Yields layer of a bunch of tiny Icons -- too ugly). They felt more like visual candy at first but they've proven to be some easter-egg surprises.
Sooooooo many hidden secrets in this game -- more so now with R&F stuff.

Airports could double tourism yields of all tiles within two/three tiles range imo. Spies could hack the airport and thus giving a negative effect

Anyway, I just noticed that Sukinniece bonus description mentions Lighthouse as requirement. Is this new in R&F?

Anyway, I just noticed that Sukinniece bonus description mentions Lighthouse as requirement. Is this new in R&F?

That’s because stand alone harbour and commercial districts no longer give trade route capacity. You have to have the first level building in either to get the capacity now.

That’s because stand alone harbour and commercial districts no longer give trade route capacity. You have to have the first level building in either to get the capacity now.

I find it weird. That means I have to build a Commercial District AND a Harbor just to get the bonus of Sukinniece?

Top Bottom