Unfounded Religion - Where did it come from

Makten

Chieftain
Longtime Civ fan (played all Civs), but have only played a handfull of Gods & Kings, I tried searching for this answer in the forums, but couldnt find anything quickly.

Playing a game, King, Huge Map, 12 civs, Random world, I got stuck on an island all by myself and was late to the found religion party. Now turn 284 (1828) And the Russians buld a small city next to me, after a few turns they get Christianity in the city, problem is when I go to Religion Overview Christianity is not one of the 5 religions founded in the game.

Where did it come from?

Who is benefiting from the spread of this unfounded religion?

When I go to Beliefs, Christianity is not listed there either, so I don't see any follower/founder bonuses for the religion. The only benefit I'm getting is the ability to build missionaries and great people, I think.

Thanks in advance.

Probably someone founded Christianity and then got conquered. That will make Christianity disappear from the religions overview for whatever reasons (not sure if it's intentional or a bug) but the religion can be thriwing none-the-less.

Probably someone founded Christianity and then got conquered. That will make Christianity disappear from the religions overview for whatever reasons (not sure if it's intentional or a bug) but the religion can be thriwing none-the-less.

Thanks , you know you are probably right, that makes perfect sense, although the religion should not disappear from the Religion Overview, how am I supposed to know what kind of benefits I'm getting as a follower now.

Thanks , you know you are probably right, that makes perfect sense, although the religion should not disappear from the Religion Overview, how am I supposed to know what kind of benefits I'm getting as a follower now.

That's tricky, but you can hunt around the UI for hints. Kinda frustrating, but sometimes illuminating.

Go to your city purchase menu -- are there any military units you can buy with faith? any religious buildings (like pagodas or cathedrals)?

Still in city view, go to the top left and mouse hover over the Production item -- any indication of a religious production boost? Mouse hover on Food -- any indication of a religion food bonus? Mouse hover on Culture. Gold and Faith to look for other modifiers.

Take a look at tile yields in your city -- any extra food, culture, production, gold or faith from individual tiles?

Some benefits are situational (you can only stumble across them) like extra city ranged combat strength or unit healing.

Top Bottom