Unhappiness and uprisings

Txurce

Deity
I've noticed, as I perpetually find myself mired in unhappiness from the mid-game on, that:
  1. The clock for city revolt doesn't seem to reset at 20 turns if you get unhappiness under 20 for a turn;
  2. It seems to accelerate if you go over 30 unhappiness; and...
  3. Rebels spawn in huge numbers after the mid-game if unhappiness hits -- what? 20? I could have sworn it was somewhere under 20 in my current game. The destruction rebels cause -- especially to a tall, maritime civ like the Dutch, with an effective but modest army -- only sends unhappiness into a spiral. Especially since as long as I don't get unhappiness under control, the rebels keep on spawning.
Do I have my numbers straight? And if I do, shouldn't this be toned down?

We have a thread started about this already and Gazebo is implementing some experiments for his next update. Should be a different kind of balance

I've noticed, as I perpetually find myself mired in unhappiness from the mid-game on, that:
  1. The clock for city revolt doesn't seem to reset at 20 turns if you get unhappiness under 20 for a turn;
  2. It seems to accelerate if you go over 30 unhappiness; and...
  3. Rebels spawn in huge numbers after the mid-game if unhappiness hits -- what? 20? I could have sworn it was somewhere under 20 in my current game. The destruction rebels cause -- especially to a tall, maritime civ like the Dutch, with an effective but modest army -- only sends unhappiness into a spiral. Especially since as long as I don't get unhappiness under control, the rebels keep on spawning.
Do I have my numbers straight? And if I do, shouldn't this be toned down?

1. You sure? I’m fairly certain it does.

Top Bottom