Unique Unit Elimination Thread

Sure you can play on map without water and then Ship of the Line becomes crap too. Or you can play Arborea/Amazon and Keshiks/Camel Archers becomes a lot worse too. You can always alter default settings to fit some units or vice versa. Blaming Pathfinder for turning off the ruins is like blaming Bismarck for turning off the barbarians.

That's a bit different. Ruins is something people turn off because it adds an extra piece of random luck which they don't like. People can still play any map type without ruins so that doesn't come into it. Pathfinder is basically fixing a problem for some players, which they can already fix themselves. Using pathfinder to fix said problem however still leaves it in place for the other players in the game.

I totally agree that naval units deserve a bit of a vote down too, since their power is based on map type somewhat.

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 38
Chu-Ko-Nu 40
Impi 37
Janissary 37 It's really about the attack bonus. The healing is just a nice bonus
Keshik 41
Longbowman 39
Pathfinder 37 Not really a military unit and you might not get that many ruins. Also isn't it as expensive to build as a warrior?
Ship of the Line 22
Siege Tower 22

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 38
Chu-Ko-Nu 40
Impi 37
Janissary 38 Indeed. The attack bonus is also a great feature for this unit. Combine with a GG, discipline and Clauswitz's legacy and you got an 80% combat bonus, excluding the land bonus promotions.
Keshik 41
Longbowman 39
Pathfinder 37
Ship of the Line 19 - I don't know which UU to vote down. I think this UU is the next one to go. Besides, unless in defence, I don't find pre-modern navies very useful.
Siege Tower 22

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 38
Chu-Ko-Nu 40
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 42 +1 Still the best, and as for the Mongols being a bad civ :rotfl:
Longbowman 39
Pathfinder 34 -3 for reasons already stated, there are better UU on this list with lower scores
Ship of the Line 19
Siege Tower 22

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 39 +1
Chu-Ko-Nu 40
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 42
Longbowman 39
Pathfinder 34
Ship of the Line 16 -3
Siege Tower 22

Carolean-march is extremely nice and upgrades well.
Ship of the line has the great weakness of being unable to go on land making it somewhat more limited then the others(no bad ones left).

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 39
Chu-Ko-Nu 40
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 42
Longbowman 40 - Let's vote this up for change. Definitely in top 4, can fire cities safely out of their bombardment range, and might be able to challenge keshik or camel in duel (3 range is harder to avoid with hit and run). It usually has first strike advantage over CKN, but, will get xp little bit slower, which is why i slightly prefer CKN, even though it's hard to choose between two. We'll have epic fight (i'm still on CKN camp though ;)).
Pathfinder 34
Ship of the Line 13 - Naval units are more limited than land units. It's hard to choose, but i think this is weakest of what is left.
Siege Tower 22

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 39
Chu-Ko-Nu 40
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 42
Longbowman 40
Pathfinder 34
Ship of the Line 14
Siege Tower 19

SOTL: No, No! Stop hitting on the naval units you landies!
ST: Must be rubbish as it's no use in naval combat...

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 40 - Get the cover promotion and you have an unstoppable meat-shield that just keeps your conquest going.
Chu-Ko-Nu 40
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 42
Longbowman 40
Pathfinder 34
Ship of the Line 14
Siege Tower 16 - Great unit for a bad strategy, early conquest usually puts me behind.

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 41 Pair Cover with Medic, and perhaps a few of them Medic II, and you have a truly indestructible war machine
Chu-Ko-Nu 40
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 42
Longbowman 40
Pathfinder 34
Ship of the Line 11 It's great, but this is between land units from now on.
Siege Tower 16

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 41
Chu-Ko-Nu 40
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 42
Longbowman41, extended range, even when upgraded to gatling gun or better
Pathfinder 34
Ship of the Line 8 I love playing England, but the Siege Tower is more useful
Siege Tower 16

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 41
Chu-Ko-Nu 40
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 43
Longbowman 41
Pathfinder 31
Ship of the Line 8
Siege Tower 16

Keshik up - very mobile, can dominate the continent easily with these.
Pathfinder down - don't think it adds enough really, deserves top 10 certainly, but there's at least 5 units here I'd rather take.

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 41
Chu-Ko-Nu 40
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 43
Longbowman 41
Pathfinder 28
Ship of the Line 9

Siege Tower 16

+1 to SOTL. Awesome unit. And almost sounds like KOTL. I want it to survive a little bit longer.

-3 off Pathfinder. I find it slightly overrated, but yeah - abusing it can be strong in right circumstances.

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 41
Chu-Ko-Nu 41
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 43
Longbowman 41
Pathfinder 28
Ship of the Line 9
Siege Tower 14

Chu are a unit everyone would build/upgrade to a ton of anyway with a proper upgrade path.

Siege Tower's promo doesn't carry on with upgrade, making their window of usefulness extremely small.

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 41
Chu-Ko-Nu 42
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 43
Longbowman 41
Pathfinder 28
Ship of the Line 6
Siege Tower 14

I'm all for the Chu...probably best UU from Vanilla to BNW.

SoL is nice...but naval units are never the backbone of your military, they always fall into a support role.

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 41
Chu-Ko-Nu 42
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 44
Longbowman 41
Pathfinder 28
Ship of the Line 3
Siege Tower 14

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 38 Gonna save the SoTL a little longer. The carolean, as I mentioned before, is good, but not quite continent clearing. So it's not quite good enough for complete domination, but still screws your reputation and negates your UA.

Chu-Ko-Nu 42
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 44 Too fast. Too good. Not even allying close CS's can stop the mongol horde
Longbowman 41
Pathfinder 28
Ship of the Line 6
Siege Tower 14

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 38
Chu-Ko-Nu 42
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 45
Longbowman 41
Pathfinder 28
Ship of the Line 3
Siege Tower 14

Camel Archer 40
Carolean 35 Being a Norwegian, I'm naturally sceptical towards Swedes.
Chu-Ko-Nu 43 I really like levelling up, and these belong to the best war civ in the game
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 45
Longbowman 41
Pathfinder 28
Ship of the Line 3
Siege Tower 14

Chu-Ko ...and these belong to the best war civ in the game
How do you reach that conclusion? Mongols also get faster GG except theirs have a move of 5 and increase healing rate :confused:

Camel Archer 40+1=41 great unit .althougth is slower than the keshik,the extra attack is what makes this unit(imo)better than the keshik
Carolean 35
Chu-Ko-Nu 43
Impi 37
Janissary 38
Keshik 45
Longbowman 41
Pathfinder 28
Ship of the Line 3-3=0 i think i have just kill a great unit :mischief:
Siege Tower 14

Top Bottom