Unique Unit Elimination Thread

Camel Archer 22
Chu-Ko-Nu 23 These guys are good when they set up are good, but it is possible to disrupt them with proper defence
Impi 1
Keshik 19
Longbowman 13 These guys are nightmare to defend, they can set up right quick.

Camel Archer 22
Chu-Ko-Nu 23
Impi 1
Keshik 20
Longbowman 10

Would love to downvote the Impi, but since I have not played with them nor against them in another humans hands, I'll recuse myself.

Downvote to Longbowman. Great unit, certainly top 5, but the terrain limitations hold it back.

Up to Keshik. Swim in promotions. Use them properly and you'll have the most promoted units you'll ever have. No need for barracks, no need for Heroic Epic, just build them as they are and watch the promotions roll in. Upgrade path isn't terrible as they turn into tanks and if you're a terrible player like I am, the game may last long enough to turn them into super Promo'd giant death robots. Fun.

Camel Archer 22
Chu-Ko-Nu 23
Impi 1
Keshik 17 A couple longbowman have the advantage against them here. Still an awesome unit though
Longbowman 11 Well, because they have a slight advantage over a Keshik. With their range, a couple of upgrades will make them very powerful.

Camel Archer 22
Chu-Ko-Nu 24
Impi 0
Keshik 17
Longbowman 11

I love Impi, but ranged units are superior to melee. If ikanda promos do not count and we think about Impi as a CS gift, then any of the other remaining units are better.

5. Impi
6. Janissary
7. Pathfinder
8. Carolean
9. Siege Tower
10. Ship of the Line
11. Sea Beggar
12. Naresuan's Elephant
13. Cossack
14. Winged Hussar
15. Jaguar
16. B17
17. Minuteman
18. Horse Archer
19. Hussar
20. Berber Cavalry
21. Immortal
22. Conquistador
23. Tercio
24. Hwacha
25. Battering Ram
26. Companion Cavalry
27. Pictish Warrior
28. Legion
29. Mohawk Warrior
30- Berserker
31. A. F. Elephant
32. Musketeer
33. Sipahi
34. Nau
35. Norwegian Ski Infantry
36. Turtle Ship
37. War elephant
38. Cataphract
39. Dromon
40. Samurai
41. Panzer
42. Mandekalu Cavalry
43. Mehal Sefari
44. Great Galleass
45. Comanche rider
46. Kris swordsman
47. Ballista
48. Hoplite
49, Bowmen
50. Hakkas
51. Pracinha
52. Maori Warrior
53. Slinger
54. Atlatlist
55. Quinquereme
56. Landsknecht
57. Zero
58. War Chariot

Best Plane- B17
Best Siege Unit- Siege Tower
Best Ranged Ship- Ship of the Line
Best Melee ship- Sea Beggar
Best Melee Mounted Unit- Naresuan's Elephant
Best Ranged Mounted Unit-
Best Melee Unit- Impi
Best Archery Unit-
Best Land Unit
Best Naval Unit- Ship of the Line

Best Ancient- Pathfinder
Best Classical- Siege Tower
Best Medieval- 4
Best Renaissance- Janissary
Best Industrial- Carolean
Best Atomic- B17

Worst Plane- Zero
Worst Siege Unit- Ballistae
Worst Ranged Ship- Great Galleass
Worst Melee Ship- Quinquereme
Worst Melee Mounted- Hakkapellita
Worst Ranged Mounted- War Chariot
Worst Melee Unit- Landsknecht (Maori Warrior)
Worst Archery Unit- Atlatlist

Worst Ancient- War Chariot
Worst Classical- Ballistae
Worst Medieval- Landsknecht (
Worst Renaissance- Turtle Ship
Worst Industrial- Hakkapellita
Worst Atomic- Zero

Camel Archer 22
Chu-Ko-Nu 26 (It's fun to play with double attack right away, and I like the flavor)
Keshik 17
Longbowman 5 (I like you, Longbowman... but not more than the rest, sorry, when it comes to unique Medieval archery units (what a specific category this turned into) you're not in the Top 3)

Camel Archer 22
Chu-Ko-Nu 26-3=23 many reasons given...the double attack works half the times
Keshik 17
Longbowman 5+1=6 great range better than more attacks

Camel Archer 22
Chu-Ko-Nu 23
Keshik 17
Longbowman 6
I played a game as China with a city state that gifted me longbows. Aside from the fact that this game was extremely awesome (I had Mount Kilimanjaro as well), I found the longbows to be more useful than the Chus in this game. You're moving the Chus too much to get them full use of their double attack, while a well placed longbow on a hill can clear out a huge area around it. Upgrading to 2 range gattling guns was also really awesome.

I played a game as China with a city state that gifted me longbows

Why i'm always so unlucky that military CS's just give me hakkas and companion cavalry while others get longbows and such? :cry:

red wings you skipped my vote :|

Camel Archer 22
Chu-Ko-Nu 17
Keshik 18
Longbowman 7

All of these units are extremely good (that's why they're in top 4 after all), so it comes down to preference now. As I like to play aggressively the more defensive units are weaker IMO. Chu-Ko-Nu's are great on the defense but aren't as good as the other 3 offensively because you can't move and shoot 2 times. This is also why I believe Keshiks are the best unit in-game as they get more promotions, generate more Great Generals and don't have a penalty on cities. With Mongolia you don't ever have to build siege units while Arabia might have to sometimes to take some stronger cities.

Camel Archer 22
Chu-Ko-Nu 14
Keshik 18
Longbowman 8

When I vote down the Chus its not that I don't like them, its just I find them to be inferior to the other 3 (though China's UA does buff them quite a bit)
As for Longbowmen, I assume many of you use Composites to take cities rather than catapults, yes?
So Longbowmen basically get to do that, and do so without the risk of being bombarded by the city. A luxury none of the others get.
Also their extra range ensures ultimate defence, there's a reason nobody tries to conquer England between 1300 and 1800 people, and its usually cuz Longbowmen also buff their (imo horrible) replacements Gatling Guns.

red wings you skipped my vote :|

Oops, that can happen sometimes when two people vote at the same time. I probably started typing my vote before you submitted yours, and since this isn't auto refresh, I copied the less up to date stats. It looks like the next voter accounted for this though.

I like your vote though! :)

Camel Archer 19
Chu-Ko-Nu 11
Keshik 18
Longbowman 10
Longbow men are better than any of these units I seriously don't know how Camel Archers are winning they just get extra strength its no better than something like musketeer except its mounted which requires resource sucks against cities and army can't keep up to them the only plusses are extra strength and speed that's all that's for them.

Top Bottom