Unique Unit Elimination Thread

Camel Archer 19
Chu-Ko-Nu 8 Chu's are without a doubt nice, but worse than all others on this list remaining because of their strength deficiency without means to dodge attacks.
Keshik 19 Keshiks will prevail.
Longbowman 10

Camel Archer 19
Chu-Ko-Nu 8
Keshik 20 +1 faster XP means that either +1 range or 2 attacks will be available, quick study is the unit's ability and no evidence has been given that a CS Keshik has a move of 4.
Longbowman 7 -3 CKN seems to have better utility out of the 2 non-mounted units

Just noticed this yesterday, did wooded Hills always cost 3 movement?

Camel Archer 19
Chu-Ko-Nu 8
Keshik 21+1= 22 its gonna come down to Camels and these guys
Longbowman 7-3= 4 all most gone. O'boy people are gonna be mad tomorrow

Camel Archer 19
Chu-Ko-Nu 5 - most fragile of remaining 4
Keshik 22
Longbowman 5 - best defender in the game

Camel Archer 19
Chu-Ko-Nu 6 The best unit. Twice as good as the others, as it can attack twice.
Keshik 16 This is not as good, as it can only attack once. Also is a horse.
Longbowman 6

Camel Archer 19
Chu-Ko-Nu 7
Keshik 10
Longbowman 7

Chu's are useful for the entire game. You keep the massive stacked exp on Gatling/machine, and can continue to rely on them.

The only thing Mongolia has going for it is the Keshik, and after they've outlived their usefulness, you are stuck with mounted/tank units. Lots of promo's, sure, but you cannot finish a game with cavalry/tanks alone, where as with highly promoted Gatling/machine, you can.

There is a reason why China is often cited as one of the most powerful Civs since vanilla and Mongolia rarely gets mentioned. Keshiks are a fun medieval rush and very powerful on cooked maps, but the archer line is simply more useful in the big picture.

Camel Archer 19
Chu-Ko-Nu 4
Keshik 10
Longbowman 8

Out of the doors I recon longbow are better granted exp is faster on chu however instant gatling guns with +1 Range imba

Camel Archer 16
Chu-Ko-Nu 5
Keshik 10
Longbowman 8

I think camels are the weakest of these 4. I think people are ignoring them and arguing over chu and longbow which imo should both be top 3 with keshik.

Camel Archer 13
Chu-Ko-Nu 2 It's a tough vote, but it lacks the offensive capabilities of the longbowman and the mobility of the camel archers and keshiks.
Keshik 11
Longbowman 9 +1 ranged gatling guns, machine guns and rocket launchers after upgrading longbowmen. It's an artillery + melee infantry unit rolled into one! :eek:

Camel Archer 13
Chu-Ko-Nu 2
Keshik 8
Longbowman 10

I've already explained my reasoning many times

Camel Archer 7
Chu-Ko-Nu 3
Keshik 8
Longbowman 11

Yeah agree with the Camel Archer, and my love of Longbows has already been stated.

The only thing Mongolia has going for it is the Keshik, and after they've outlived their usefulness, you are stuck with mounted/tank units. Lots of promo's, sure, but you cannot finish a game with cavalry/tanks alone, where as with highly promoted Gatling/machine, you can.

There is a reason why China is often cited as one of the most powerful Civs since vanilla and Mongolia rarely gets mentioned. Keshiks are a fun medieval rush and very powerful on cooked maps, but the archer line is simply more useful in the big picture.

Gosh! It isn't like I could build bombers or anything once the Keshik outlives it's usefulness, in my experience that is around the time you get GWI. In the meantime Artillery will keep the attackers at bay. The thing about the Keshik is if you prioritise Chivalry and get even 2-3 horses you can capture most cities quickly, even ones with CKN or Longbows without any risk. I generally destroy the enemy forces in the field first, which gives my foot troops time to get in assault of range of a city. If you get 6 of these, well you can fight wars on multiple fronts, for me that is like 100+ turns of conquest. At the same time I can prepare for the future; Universities, Public Schools, Artillery, Biology and Flight

Camel Archer 7
Chu-Ko-Nu 0
Keshik 8
Longbowman 12

Chu-Ko-Nu is really great, but Longbowmen are better. If you are warring with X-Bow units, being able to move and shoot 3 tiles away is better than two attacks with less ranged strength. If you are warring with Gatling Guns, I still prefer range since that allows more Gatling Guns to be brought to bear on a single target.

Camel Archer 7
Keshik 6
Longbowman 10

By now people aren't saying why, so just go back a couple pages if you really want to see why I dis/liked these units.

Camel Archer 7
Keshik 7 The fast promos and extra mobility means you can get a lot more done before they go obsolete. Remember how I said that CKNs really don't level twice as fast as longbows. Well these guys really do level twice as fast as CAs. Promotions losing effectiveness on upgrade isn't a terrible loss when you control your own continent. No matter what when both units upgrade they upgrade about the same except you might have march with Keshiks
Longbowman 7 I love longbows but the other two are OP mounted ranged units. Longbows are great and upgrade better but you can just do a lot more with mounted range.

Three way tie!

Camel Archer 4 - Worse then Keshik, doesn't have cool promos, only higher strength
Keshik 7
Longbowman 8 - Extra range is sick, and it carries through promotions! Also, doesn't require strategic resource like the other two.

Top Bottom