1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique Unit Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by BasedGod, Sep 11, 2013.

1. arand86

arand86 Warlord

Camel Archer 19
    Chu-Ko-Nu 8 Chu's are without a doubt nice, but worse than all others on this list remaining because of their strength deficiency without means to dodge attacks.
    Keshik 19 Keshiks will prevail.
    Longbowman 10

2. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

Camel Archer 19
    Chu-Ko-Nu 8
    Keshik 20 +1 faster XP means that either +1 range or 2 attacks will be available, quick study is the unit's ability and no evidence has been given that a CS Keshik has a move of 4.
    Longbowman 7 -3 CKN seems to have better utility out of the 2 non-mounted units

Just noticed this yesterday, did wooded Hills always cost 3 movement?

3. BUDISMYBUDDY

BUDISMYBUDDY Chieftain

Camel Archer 19
    Chu-Ko-Nu 8
    Keshik 21+1= 22 its gonna come down to Camels and these guys
    Longbowman 7-3= 4 all most gone. O'boy people are gonna be mad tomorrow

4. Via

Via Chieftain

Camel Archer 19
    Chu-Ko-Nu 5 - most fragile of remaining 4
    Keshik 22
    Longbowman 5 - best defender in the game

5. Walter R

Walter R Great Engineer

Camel Archer 19
    Chu-Ko-Nu 5
    Keshik 19
    Longbowman 6

6. Vraslosken

Vraslosken Warlord

Camel Archer 19
    Chu-Ko-Nu 6 The best unit. Twice as good as the others, as it can attack twice.
    Keshik 16 This is not as good, as it can only attack once. Also is a horse.
    Longbowman 6

7. Vikings Diehard

Vikings Diehard Chieftain

Camel Archer 19
    Chu-Ko-Nu 6
    Keshik 13
    Longbowman 7 +1 range is unbeatable

8. Matthew.

Matthew. Deity

Camel Archer 19
    Chu-Ko-Nu 7
    Keshik 10
    Longbowman 7

Chu's are useful for the entire game. You keep the massive stacked exp on Gatling/machine, and can continue to rely on them.

The only thing Mongolia has going for it is the Keshik, and after they've outlived their usefulness, you are stuck with mounted/tank units. Lots of promo's, sure, but you cannot finish a game with cavalry/tanks alone, where as with highly promoted Gatling/machine, you can.

There is a reason why China is often cited as one of the most powerful Civs since vanilla and Mongolia rarely gets mentioned. Keshiks are a fun medieval rush and very powerful on cooked maps, but the archer line is simply more useful in the big picture.

9. bozosmithy

bozosmithy Chieftain

Camel Archer 19
    Chu-Ko-Nu 4
    Keshik 10
    Longbowman 8

Out of the doors I recon longbow are better granted exp is faster on chu however instant gatling guns with +1 Range imba

10. TheGrandWazoo

TheGrandWazoo Warlord

Camel Archer 16
    Chu-Ko-Nu 5
    Keshik 10
    Longbowman 8

I think camels are the weakest of these 4. I think people are ignoring them and arguing over chu and longbow which imo should both be top 3 with keshik.

11. thegingerninja

thegingerninja Warlord

Camel Archer 13
    Chu-Ko-Nu 5
    Keshik 11
    Longbowman 8

12. sendos

sendos Immortal

Camel Archer 13
    Chu-Ko-Nu 2 It's a tough vote, but it lacks the offensive capabilities of the longbowman and the mobility of the camel archers and keshiks.
    Keshik 11
    Longbowman 9 +1 ranged gatling guns, machine guns and rocket launchers after upgrading longbowmen. It's an artillery + melee infantry unit rolled into one! :eek:

13. Jamesson

Jamesson Chieftain

Camel Archer 13
    Chu-Ko-Nu 2
    Keshik 8
    Longbowman 10

I've already explained my reasoning many times

14. Gordon Brittas

Gordon Brittas Blackadder's Half Brother

Camel Archer 7
    Chu-Ko-Nu 3
    Keshik 8
    Longbowman 11

Yeah agree with the Camel Archer, and my love of Longbows has already been stated.

15. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

Gosh! It isn't like I could build bombers or anything once the Keshik outlives it's usefulness, in my experience that is around the time you get GWI. In the meantime Artillery will keep the attackers at bay. The thing about the Keshik is if you prioritise Chivalry and get even 2-3 horses you can capture most cities quickly, even ones with CKN or Longbows without any risk. I generally destroy the enemy forces in the field first, which gives my foot troops time to get in assault of range of a city. If you get 6 of these, well you can fight wars on multiple fronts, for me that is like 100+ turns of conquest. At the same time I can prepare for the future; Universities, Public Schools, Artillery, Biology and Flight

16. DeathwatchBob

DeathwatchBob Chieftain

Camel Archer 7
    Chu-Ko-Nu 0
    Keshik 8
    Longbowman 12

Chu-Ko-Nu is really great, but Longbowmen are better. If you are warring with X-Bow units, being able to move and shoot 3 tiles away is better than two attacks with less ranged strength. If you are warring with Gatling Guns, I still prefer range since that allows more Gatling Guns to be brought to bear on a single target.

17. Nickbonista

Nickbonista Chieftain

Camel Archer 7
    Keshik 9
    Longbowman 9
    I've said previously, I prefer keshik due to the movement and faster promotions

18. JimBobV

JimBobV Warlord

Camel Archer 7
    Keshik 6
    Longbowman 10

By now people aren't saying why, so just go back a couple pages if you really want to see why I dis/liked these units.

19. VicRatlhead5199

VicRatlhead5199 King

Camel Archer 7
    Keshik 7 The fast promos and extra mobility means you can get a lot more done before they go obsolete. Remember how I said that CKNs really don't level twice as fast as longbows. Well these guys really do level twice as fast as CAs. Promotions losing effectiveness on upgrade isn't a terrible loss when you control your own continent. No matter what when both units upgrade they upgrade about the same except you might have march with Keshiks
    Longbowman 7 I love longbows but the other two are OP mounted ranged units. Longbows are great and upgrade better but you can just do a lot more with mounted range.

Three way tie!

20. VisageTDI

VisageTDI Warlord

Camel Archer 4 - Worse then Keshik, doesn't have cool promos, only higher strength
    Keshik 7
    Longbowman 8 - Extra range is sick, and it carries through promotions! Also, doesn't require strategic resource like the other two.