Unit Adjacency Bonus Trait

NotSoLoneWolf

Chieftain
So for my Dominion of Canada sponsor I had an idea for the trait, +10% adjacency bonus, I.E. instead of the adjacency bonus giving however much it does now, it would give 10% more combat strength as a bonus when playing as Canada.

But was the unit adjacency bonus even carried over from Civ 5? Can someone please tell me if it still exists or not, and if so, how to make it a sponsor trait?

It exists as a promotion function called AdjacentMod, and more thoroughly so in UnitPerks.
Code:
<!-- Battlefield position-->
		<Column name="AdjacentFriendlyMod" type="integer" default="0"/>
		<Column name="PerAdjacentFriendlyMod" type="integer" default="0"/>
		<Column name="NoAdjacentFriendlyMod" type="integer" default="0"/>
		<Column name="FlankingMod" type="integer" default="0"/>
The problem is adding new promotions at the moment seems to create inexplicable UI glitches, and I'm not sure how you can give a specific faction a particular perk using XML only.

If only they had added all promotion functions to perks. Currently they share some functions but others seem exclusive to either. For instance, while I haven't tested, I don't think I can add Rough/OpenDefense/Attack to perks.

Dangit. So it exists, but it is bugged and enabling it is across the entire game, and not limited to a faction. That sucks. I wanted to do a military trait and a economic trait at the same time, I.E. +1 explorer expedition and +10% adjacency bonus.

And i'm thinking +1 science from generators AND +1 sight for military units is a bit overpowered.
any other ideas for a hybrid trait?

So it exists, but it is bugged and enabling it is across the entire game, and not limited to a faction.
Is it? UI bugs aside, you can make a promotion around it and assign it via faction, independently of your Explorer bonus.

But you were the one who said that you couldnt enable it to a specific faction.
It exists as a promotion function called AdjacentMod, and more thoroughly so in UnitPerks.
Code:
<!-- Battlefield position-->
		<Column name="AdjacentFriendlyMod" type="integer" default="0"/>
		<Column name="PerAdjacentFriendlyMod" type="integer" default="0"/>
		<Column name="NoAdjacentFriendlyMod" type="integer" default="0"/>
		<Column name="FlankingMod" type="integer" default="0"/>
The problem is adding new promotions at the moment seems to create inexplicable UI glitches, and I'm not sure how you can give a specific faction a particular perk using XML only.

If only they had added all promotion functions to perks. Currently they share some functions but others seem exclusive to either. For instance, while I haven't tested, I don't think I can add Rough/OpenDefense/Attack to perks.
Also, to put that code in there it would be
<Traits>
<AdjacentFriendlyMod>15</AdjacentFriendlyMod>
</Traits>
That would give all units +15 combat strength when next to a friendly unit, correct?

I'm just not sure how you can give a free perk to a specific unit, like you would using a promotion (and the AdjacentMod function), using XML. Doesn't mean it's not possible. I'm not a Lua expert.

Top Bottom