Unit: Ancient Walls (3th of Nov, 2004)

Here are updated files for these ancient walls.
- added gate unit (not exactly a gate, but rather a straight piece of wall with a gate in the middle instead of a tower - just to create some variation)
- added very simple death animations - simple because I wanted to keep the file-size in reasonable level
- added a crumbling sound

Here are the updated files
Updated Ancient Walls

Attachments

• GateDeath.gif
    GateDeath.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,357
what version of civ3 do u have to have.... all I have is basic bob Civ 3.....and this is my first time trying to play around with it in a mod fashion

How about making them like Privateers so the Opposition wouldnt get all tetchy/declair war if you build them whereever to block off land etc... ie actually use them as a wall!

oh i kinda read the thing about not making them useable... erm.. please could you?

Well, of course you can use them in epic mods (i.e. you start the game with only one settler and worker, nothing else) - but using these walls in such mods (as buildable units) is not advisable, since the AI doesn't have a slightest clue how to work with them.

My advise is to use these only in scenarios:
- make these wall pieces immobile units
- place them correctly where ever you want
- that way they work as they are inteded.

so if implemented as a buildable unit, is the AI likly just to randomly build it?

slozenger said:
so if implemented as a buildable unit, is the AI likly just to randomly build it?
Yes, so don't do that. This unit should only be used in scenarios.

hmmm, so what if we locked it so that only upon the construction of a wonder is was possible?

certainly on the easy settings i play,i would always get the wonder first and not have to worry about them getting it..

so how do these work? do you build them in the city and then paradrop them into place? good job anyway

Edit: sorry I didn't realize this was a bumped thread until too late

joeskip said:
so how do these work? do you build them in the city and then paradrop them into place? good job anyway
:lol:
You didn't even bother to read the first post :lol:

his idea has potential though. give it infinite paradrop range and the immobile attribute. then uncheck all actions except fortify/sentry/disband and leave them where you need more protection. i might just implement those in my mod now.

So I guess you haven't read the 1st post either :)
While that paradrop idea is possible (and old), the AI doesn't know what to do with it. It would be best to use these as pre-placed immobile units in scenarios. At least that's the current belief and state of things :mischief:

aaglo said:
So I guess you haven't read the 1st post either :)
While that paradrop idea is possible (and old), the AI doesn't know what to do with it. It would be best to use these as pre-placed immobile units in scenarios. At least that's the current belief and state of things :mischief:
haha sry! i guess i only read the first paragraph before i moved on.

Top Bottom