Unit:BF-110 Interceptor

Is there any interest in a BF-110 interceptor/bomber killer

• Yes,please make that unit it would be a great addition

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • I might want it if it looked better

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • nope, that would be completely useless

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stop making useless units and leave creation to the pro's=(Darksheer)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael_LMD

Chieftain
This past hour I was getting a little bored, and since my ground attack plane is going to have to be redone completely, I tried something different, I really dont know if it would be all that useful as I havent played into the part of civ 3 very many times where air wars are fought, but I was wondering if this ww2 interceptor would be wanted by anyone, because I am thinking of continuing this as a project, the proto-unit in question is the very top frame twin engine plane (yes I know very well it looks like sh*t, my little brother pointed this out to me right away), that is at an angle, it could be used as special german unit as thats who used it during ww2. p.s. please keep the laughter to dull roar, I only spent about 20 minutes on it.

I will also post a picture of a real one for comparisions sake, and remember this was just a little experiment by a very bored newbie.

Attachments

• bf-110.jpg
    bf-110.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 564
looks good, but why is your sw animation a different color than the rest? and wheres your answer on the poll: Looks great but im currently making a mod that wouldnt be able to use this since its based in Star Wars? :D

As for the sw animation being in a different color than the normal fighters, this was a slight rush job, I only spent 20 minutes on it then had the idea to see if it would be wanted, so there isnt much detail put into it...and for the poll there answer will be for me to decide, if there is much interest in a creation idea such as the one i have presented, I will proceed to make it the best dang unit I can:D . I would also like to wish you luck on your star wars mod :goodjob: , I am also sorry that this would be useless to you as I am making as many ww2 fighters,bombers, and anything else that would be usefull to a future ww2 mod or if they ever become possible, a scenario.

heh, i was just joking about the poll answer. But the unit looks really great and i would download and use it if i wasnt so busy with this mod

:) Thanks, glad you like it, and i apologize for any hint of sarcasm that may have come up through my previous post:yinyang: . Maybey when I get done with this project, I could make a unit for your star wars mod?:)

It looks great - though on the SW ans SE pics, the cockpit looks a bit flat.
Looking forward to be able to get some variation in the air too

Cool idea, and I'd like to see it finished. But why the Me-110? Why not the FW-190, or Me-262? I'm just curious.

I like the fw-190 and me 262 alot also, but I only started making a me 110 because I was very bored and was reading about it in a ww2 aircraft book and wondered if I could make a cool animation of it...It was purely chance that I chose it:) .If you want more variety in the way of aircraft I will certainly try to help though :D , I think they are good practice for animation newbies like me and I enjoy making planes :)

ok, Im gonna get started on the me-110 attack animation in a few minutes, but I was thinking about the trojan horse unit that is being created, and how an invisible/submarine tag or something like that was experimented for it, here's where my idea comes in,would it be possible to apply the tag to a bomber,simulating night bombing and making them very hard to shoot down, therefore introducing the need for some sort of night fighter :D , could someone tell me if this would be possible or is just a cool idea that couldnt be implemented.:confused:

Originally posted by Michael_LMD
I like the fw-190 and me 262 alot also, but I only started making a me 110 because I was very bored and was reading about it in a ww2 aircraft book and wondered if I could make a cool animation of it...It was purely chance that I chose it:) .If you want more variety in the way of aircraft I will certainly try to help though :D , I think they are good practice for animation newbies like me and I enjoy making planes :)

Well, you've made an interesting choice there, Mike, and it looks great.:goodjob:

Since the Me-110 was more successful as a ground-attack aircraft, especially on the Eastern Front, than as a "Heavy Fighter" (its original intended role), will this unit be a bomber or fighter?

Top Bottom