1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit not being ejected from territory after open borders expired

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by King Rad, Feb 19, 2018.

1. King Rad

King Rad Chieftain

Rise and Fall - 1.0.0.220 (334528) I had an open border agreement with Washington - his open to me as part of a trade deal or alliance. This was fairly early on in the game (probably last week) so I don't remember exactly how long ago or what generated the open borders. We haven't been friends or allies and no open border agreements for at least 200 turns. I just discovered that an old scout was still stuck in his territory, and I can't move it out. It now shows red circles in all the areas around him. So I can't move him out of the territory and he wasn't ejected when open borders expired. In fact, the game never cycles to the scout, which is why I forgot it was there.

2. Art Morte

Art Morte Chieftain

Hasn't happened to my own units, but AI units have got stuck like that in my territory a couple of times.

3. Liad

Liad Chieftain

I have similar bag. After i captured a city which other civ was at war with and had units there, the other civ's units stayed there

4. King Rad

King Rad Chieftain

I have several instances in my current game where civs with whom I had war with are continuing to be able to move troops through my territory after close of the war; and other instances where alliances expired but the units from the civ continue to remain in my territory even though we have no open border agreement. In one instance they are blocking a tile which they pillaged when we were both at war with the original owner of the city; so I can't send a builder to repair it.

5. ferenginar

ferenginar Grand Nagus

There is definitely something wrong with the unit ejections, I just had two units ejected from within the borders of a CS that I conquered. :crazyeye:

6. Formersd

Formersd Chieftain

I've seen something similar when I have an alliance with another civilization that expires. Even after denouncing me, their units can still freely pass through my territory or just pick a spot and don't move. When they declared war, the units did get ejected before re-entering.

7. SirWill90

SirWill90 Chieftain

This is still definitely going on. Running vanilla R&F with latest patches on a Mac; had an alliance with Japan in early game on Epic; now a couple hundred turns later he still sends naval units into a common inland sea or lake, enters my territory, and blocks access to my own tiles by just sitting there with ships. We are not allies, friends, or at war. Pretty frustrating.

8. SirWill90

SirWill90 Chieftain

Never tried this before so I hope I don't screw it up. 1.0.0.262 (Mac,) playing vanilla R & F. The issue is that Japan and I had an (economic, I believe) alliance early in the game. Ever since it ended, he has had open borders with me, but not I with him. Also, he attacked and took my city state (Bandar Brunei) over which I'd had suzerainty for centuries, without my ever getting a CB to attack him (this was in the information era, so I should have had the CB.) I just let him have the thing because at this point I'm going for a Science victory and didn't want to get into another war at this point if possible.

Anyway the point is, it's as if the terms of the alliance never ended for him, but they did for me.

Attached Files:

9. bbufa

bbufa Chieftain

SirWill90 likes this.