Unit Preview: WWII era Land Battleship

Yeah, but unless you're super-fantastic, no one will buy them. I've had them on there for 2 years with barely any sales.

Sign me up for this one!!! :wow:

Iron Beagle said:
I just realized that this thing reminds me of that old computer game "Ogre," the one with the giant tank. Anybody remember that thing?

Oh, and does anyone know what program he's using? He never said in the thread.
Yes that's it exactly. I kept thinking... nice unit. Looks so familiar, but I could never put my finger on it. There was an even older board game I played (same name) which had a similar graphic. It was that one that I was almost (but not quite) remembering.

Bhiita, I suggest you name this thing "The Ogre". Because wether by accident or design you have completely captured the spirit of it.

:twitch: so... I think.... I have a decent boom for... attackA
and as progress come and goes in spurts, as it is, I'll go ahead a post what I've got so far :) this is just the muzzle flash/smoke, I may post one more preview to get you thoughts on the recoil too... just wanted to see if everyone was ok with the muzzle effects :)

Attachments

• boomtake7.gif
    boomtake7.gif
    47.7 KB · Views: 176
bhiita said:
:twitch: so... I think.... I have a decent boom for... attackA
and as progress come and goes in spurts, as it is, I'll go ahead a post what I've got so far :) this is just the muzzle flash/smoke, I may post one more preview to get you thoughts on the recoil too... just wanted to see if everyone was ok with the muzzle effects :)

The boom looks a little to small for this. Think Big :p Think Nuclear explosion. :p ;)

Looks good. I think the booms are almost the right size... maybe just a little bigger. Maybe some from some of the other guns too... the flash and smoke are very nicely done. Top shelf stuff.
I would suggest some recoil as it imparts a sense of power to the bang. Maybe move the barrel back a bit then have the OGRE rock just slightly... just enough to be seen at civ scale.

PLEASE! don't make the explosions any bigger! they are perfect. An attack B with all the smaller guns firing seperatly (while the main guns reload) would be best, rather than have all guns fire at once. Or fire main guns one at a time, so:

attack A, left main guns,
attack B, smaller guns,
Attack C, right main guns.

The good thing about having three attack animations is that it gives the tank more life. As the tank is unlikley to die much you'll only see the attack, default and run animations on a regular basis, so make them as varied as posible.
As an alternative you could have one of each gun on each side fire in A&C... Generally though I think the above animation (with recoil) would be good attack A (for bombard and softening up the enemy), while the smaller guns would be used for attack B when the enemy is much closer.

Could be the best tank unit ever.... :)

Top Bottom