UNIT REQUEST: Me-264/364

Shady

Why are you reading this?
This is one badass plane. As many luftwaffe projects, this one never went into full production because of worsening war situations. However, it could have been a really good plane in line with the b-29.

Me-264 is the 4 engined version here:

Attachments

• 264-1.gif
    264-1.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 541
But....the Me-364 with 6 engines looks even more badass and I'd rather have this one as I haven't seen any 6 engined plane in civ3 yet.

Here:

Attachments

• 264-2.gif
    264-2.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 552
well of course risbinroch :)

It's just that whoever creates it prospectively has an input of what the more requested one would be if he decides to limit it to just one of the two.

a lil background on the me-264:

It was first started on in 1936 but was only worked on sporadically until the looming U.S. war entry caused German war planners to start planning how to bomb the east coast. Versions of this plane could have done it but the prototypes were bombed to crap by allied raids and the program never really took off (well a prototype did). But you know what I mean. There were also rough plans to have a version with 4 Junkers jet engines and t-tail but thats just a useless piece of information.

BTW, here are detailed schematics of the Me-264

Attachments

• 3bm264.jpg
    3bm264.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 405
Originally posted by Architekt
That Me-364 looks like It could have bombed NY from bases in france
And propably carry an A-bomb all the way

Hmm.. thats prolly what it would have been designed to do, however the germans had no A-bombs, the plan called for them to use a "dirty bomb"...

I'm making some generic WWII planes at the moment, I do plan to do a 4 engine Bomber, so I'll prolly base it partly on the above plane...

I'm not sure, My scenario is gonna run all the way up to 1986, so while jet bombers will replace prop engines bombers before the need for the six engine bomber arives, Not all civs are going to be able to build jets because of resource restrictions.

Jet planes need special high quality metals in their engine parts, the magnesium parts in the ME262 for instance wore out after just a few flights. I'm not sure however just how rare magnesium is.. Aluminumn would be required also for the body of the plane especialy in supersonic variants.

So I may produce a six engine bomber for civs unable to build jet bombers, but that depends on how my research on magnesium progresses.

well i saw your preview in the other thread and it obviously isnt the me 364 so if someone wants to do this, it would be extremely cool.

This one looks mighty cool

Top Bottom