Unit Stacking

... oishi i think your refering to the merging of units?
1 70 spearman + 1 30 spearman = 1 100 spearman right?
although the total war games did it with a certain era of units and the ability to heal units after 1 turn plus multiple units per tile/army

I don't really know... It's not really TW-ish but rather RTK-ish (Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI), unit-wise.

If they're going to make it 1UpT, then I'll suggest that idea, and I love a long trail of supply wagons.

Suggested improvement based on what we're hearing:

Allow multiple units ONLY in Cities. But limit number of units by the size of the city to 2x size of the city. Possibly, the formula could be tweaked upward or downward depending on government type.

IMHO this would resolve most of the objections with play balance.

Allow multiple units ONLY in Cities. But limit number of units by the size of the city to 2x size of the city. Possibly, the formula could be tweaked upward or downward depending on government type.

IMHO this would resolve most of the objections with play balance.

How? This would make it far too hard to take cities. You can only attack the city with 6 units at a time, and the city can defend itself, so allowing you to stack a bunch of units in there as well would make it incredibly hard to take.

How? This would make it far too hard to take cities. You can only attack the city with 6 units at a time, and the city can defend itself, so allowing you to stack a bunch of units in there as well would make it incredibly hard to take.

Doesn't ranged warfare and increased base move allow you to attack with several more than six?

Doesn't ranged warfare and increased base move allow you to attack with several more than six?
Bombardment, yes, but bombardment will presumably be weaker than regular attacks. Multiple move, maybe. Depends how the mechanic works - and how many movement points it takes to attack a city. But the core point remains.

Also, don't forget that we've been told that a unit can MERGE with a city, on top of the unit that can be stacked in a city-so having even more units inside a city would be unbalancing IMO.

Aussie.

Not exactly... The merging unit IS the unit stacked in the city.

we've been told that a unit can MERGE with a city, on top of the unit that can be stacked in a city-
The merging unit IS the unit stacked in the city.

I don't think we have enough info to rule out either of these.
"Merge" does sound to me like doing something that removes the unit from the map and garrisons it somehow though.

Instead of one unit per till they should make it maximum 3 stacks per tile or something like that.

I kinda like the concept in CivRev. I strongly lean upon armies.

Top Bottom