Unit Textures

Mjalnar

Kitten Arsonist
Hey, I'm planning to make a mod, and it's been going smoothly, except when I began to make the unique units - I cannot find the textures for the Civ units anywhere - not on my computer, not on google, not on any forums. Nowhere. Could anyone tell me how to access them on my computer? Or link me to an internet database of Civ 5 unit textures?

Thanks.

And where are the FPK files? I can't find them anywhere,

A good search tool is almost a pre-req for modding ...

In the sub-directories under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\resource"

Thanks - sorry for all the rather amateurish questions. This is my first time modding... Anything... :p But I have a lot of experience with graphic design, I just needed somewhere to apply it, so I plan to be taking up modding.

If you want to do that kind of modding, you could make edits, move the files to the Assets folder (anywhere under Assets), and add "LooseFilesOverridePAK = 1" to your config.ini.

Otherwise, if you're making a proper mod, you would add the files to your mod in ModBuddy, and set them VFS=true. Note that you may be required to reload the specific subsystem (e.g., "Reload Unit System", "Reload Landmark System") for it to be effective (though I believe there's some stuff that can't be retextured via mod), and would require either the manual copy method described above, or making a fake DLC (which still requires copying it to your Assets folder).

Top Bottom