Unit UI Disappears (Bug from Adding New Promotion)

kingchris20

Wisdom Seeker
Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
Strange bug I've run across.

I added a Cargo option that gives all units +1 visibility. I achieved this by granting a free invisible building. This building grants all units a free promotion. I created the promotion and used an existing icon atlas icon.

Problem is when you select a unit, (most notably an explorer when on top of an expedition site) you cannot give it an action because the UI is gone. After you move the unit (when all moves have been expended) the UI reappears, and immediately disappears again when moves become available on the next turn.

Thinking it might have something to do with the existing icon atlas icon, I created a new icon atlas and new dds files for it....but it had no change.......I also tried removing <PortraitIndex> and <IconAtlas> altogether from the code to see if that would help....and it did not.

The only workaround for this is to Start a game, then exit to Main Menu, then start another game, and the Unit UI is back and fully functional...

When I take out StargatePromotions.xml from the mod, this bug does not happen, so it is in some way related to that xml, and my guess is it has something to do with the artwork in some way...because in Civ V, the promotion icons were displayed in the Unit UI, whereas BE does not (that I know of)....

I have attached to jpegs to show how the Unit UI is gone when first selecting a unit, but after moving it, it reappears to show "Unit is out of moves"

and of course the mod in a zip file, if anyone wants to take a stab at it :goodjob:

Attachments

• 2014-10-30_00001.jpg
    2014-10-30_00001.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 1,288
  • 2014-10-30_00002.jpg
    2014-10-30_00002.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 1,277
  • USAF Stargate Command (v 3).zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
I've added an array of new promotions in my current project, and I'm getting UI glitches as well. It's definitely related to them.

I've tried a host of things, but nothing seems to work. Where could we report this to Firaxis? Sounds like a proper bug.

I've added an array of new promotions in my current project, and I'm getting UI glitches as well. It's definitely related to them.

I've tried a host of things, but nothing seems to work. Where could we report this to Firaxis? Sounds like a proper bug.

Okay, I just reported it at the 2K forums here

Can we get this moved to CivBE - Tech Support?

GJ &#8207;@ShadowGJ
@d_mcdonough @willrmiller Guys! Hey! Not sure where to report this, but modding in new promotions produces UI glitches. Please look into it.

Will Miller &#8207;@willrmiller
@ShadowGJ @d_mcdonough Head over to the @civfanatics forums and post it there. Thanks for the feedback!

Top Bottom