United Nations

skisphereo

Chieftain
When going for a diplomatic victory (I play in monarch, if it makes a difference) how important is it to build the United Nations yourself? I know when I play for another goal I'll rush to build it so I can block the vote, especially if I've been in and out of wars. Will the AI use the same strategy?

dunno. sometimes they do.
but i would always build it myself for the simple reason of being as quick as possible. any kind of victory- i want it fast. :)

Also, if you build it yourself you can know exactly when it will be done, and time your last minute free gifts to everybody for the turn before.

Build it yourself, I have never seen the AI ask for a vote and lose the vote, they seem to know what the result will be beforehand, so unless you build it there is no chance of a win

it prompts you "want to hold a vote?" at the start f each turn. By the time you get UN, turns are taking a while, so it's not as annoying as it sounds.

It is only the unpatched vanilla civ3 which prompts for a vote on each turn, most people will find that the prompting for a vote takes place at regular intervals of about 12 - 20 turns, not sure exactly how many. This is unless Civ3 Conquests has changed the system again

Top Bottom