Units don't disband at -5 GPT - shouldn't the warning be changed?

I've only ever seen units disband like... three times in ~4500 logged hours of Civ, including my time with VP.

One of those times was a week ago, on VP, at something like -2 GPT.

I still have no idea why. Never seen it happen before or since.

I've only ever seen units disband like... three times in ~4500 logged hours of Civ, including my time with VP.

One of those times was a week ago, on VP, at something like -2 GPT.

I still have no idea why. Never seen it happen before or since.

When I've gone real low in the happiness spiral and my GPT burns to the ground, its definitely happened. But it seems to take more than -5 GPT.

I really support the idea that units should disband without an economy, i rarely see this.

I created a thread about this some time ago but many people dislike this feature?

I've had unit disbandment happen in the last several versions. It only seems to trigger if you have BOTH negative :c5gold: per turn AND zero :c5gold: in your coffers, and it seems like it is more likely to occur the more units you currently have. I figured this was because the random % chance is rolled per unit and the % is quite low. The only time I run into gold issues is during the Ancient era when I'm trying to be a warmonger, so I have never really triggered the flags for enabling random unit disbandment in the later stages of the game.

I've had unit disbandment happen in the last several versions. It only seems to trigger if you have BOTH negative :c5gold: per turn AND zero :c5gold: in your coffers, and it seems like it is more likely to occur the more units you currently have. I figured this was because the random % chance is rolled per unit and the % is quite low. The only time I run into gold issues is during the Ancient era when I'm trying to be a warmonger, so I have never really triggered the flags for enabling random unit disbandment in the later stages of the game.
Yes it wouldn't make sense to have negative GPT but millions of gold in your coffers if you were still able to pay for your military.

Top Bottom