1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Units don't disband at -5 GPT - shouldn't the warning be changed?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by ekolis, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

Title :)

saamohod likes this.
  2. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

Skidizzle likes this.
  3. ridjack

ridjack Chieftain

I've only ever seen units disband like... three times in ~4500 logged hours of Civ, including my time with VP.

One of those times was a week ago, on VP, at something like -2 GPT.

I still have no idea why. Never seen it happen before or since.

4. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

When I've gone real low in the happiness spiral and my GPT burns to the ground, its definitely happened. But it seems to take more than -5 GPT.

5. XplosiveLun

XplosiveLun A humble village

I heard that you have to be the top 50% in military so that units will start disbanding.

6. Tarzan737

Tarzan737 Chieftain

I really support the idea that units should disband without an economy, i rarely see this.

I created a thread about this some time ago but many people dislike this feature?

7. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

@Gazebo What is the current state of auto-disband of units? Does it still exists?

saamohod likes this.
  8. Mad Madigan

Mad Madigan Chieftain

I've had unit disbandment happen in the last several versions. It only seems to trigger if you have BOTH negative :c5gold: per turn AND zero :c5gold: in your coffers, and it seems like it is more likely to occur the more units you currently have. I figured this was because the random % chance is rolled per unit and the % is quite low. The only time I run into gold issues is during the Ancient era when I'm trying to be a warmonger, so I have never really triggered the flags for enabling random unit disbandment in the later stages of the game.

9. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Yes it wouldn't make sense to have negative GPT but millions of gold in your coffers if you were still able to pay for your military.

vyyt likes this.