Units : New animation for terrorist

Dark Sheer

Deity
Here is my first attempt in creating a completely new flc for the terrorist unit that everyone loves to have in their own mod :D

Basically there are 4 files in the zip :

TerroristDefault.flc
TerroristRun.flc
TerroristAttack.flc
Terrorist.ini

I have link other information such as death, wave file etc in the ini file to the various directory in Civilizationn III. Didn't do a file for Civilopedia as I was too tired after doing the flc ;)

Perhaps someone would come up with some nice graphic for the Civilopedia and post them in this thread ? :D

To install this unit, just add a new unit call Terrorist using the Civ3CopyTool by Gramphos and unzip all the files into the new directory created.

For those who uses Worker as Terrorist, I have made a separate flc showing the worker lighting a dynamic and running towards the target :D Its a few post down the line

Attachments

• terrorist.zip
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,181
If you wonder how the unit looks like, here is a JPG file taken from the flc. The Terrorist in attack position :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 8,880
Remember to add the TerroristRun.flc as the animation for bombardment. This way the Terrorist will run towards the target and explode like a cruise missile :D

As requested by Lavindanthar, I have made an additional flc for those who uses the worker's flc as terrorist. This flc shows a worker lighting a dynamic and carry its running towards the target ! :D

Also enclose in the zip file is a diff version of Cruise Missile explosion. Its tailored from the original Cruise Missile explosion but it gives more debris (as requested by Lavindanthar again :D )

The zip contain two files :

WorkerTerroristBombard.flc
CruiseMissileDeath2.flc

Enjoy!!

Edit : Removed CruiseMissileDeath2.flc as it doesn't work due to a merging problem with current version of Flicster

Attachments

• workerterrorist.zip
    45.5 KB · Views: 693
Hmmm-

On what line does

WorkerTerroristBombard
TerroristRun (afore mentioned)

go???

Here is my current. ini file:

[Animations]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=WorkerModernDefault.flc
WALK=
RUN=WorkerModernRun.flc
ATTACK1=CruiseMissileAttackA.flc
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEATH=CruiseMissileDeath.flc
DEAD=
FORTIFY=
FIDGET=
VICTORY=
BUILD=
ROAD=workerModernRoad.flc
MINE=workerModernMine.flc
IRRIGATE=workerModernIrrigate.flc
FORTRESS=workerModernFortress.flc
CAPTURE=workerModernCaptured.flc
JUNGLE=workerModernJungle.flc
FOREST=workerModernForest.flc
PLANT=workerModernPlant.flc
STOP_AT_LAST_FRAME=

So I realise there is no line for bombardment. :p

Maybe you can try put it as Attack2 ??

Try it out and let me know if that works, or else you can put it as Attack1 anyway since your terrorist/worker cannot attack ;)

Im confused:

So ur saying put TerroristRun on ATTACK
But then where does TerroristWorkerBombard go

Wud u copy and edit my .ini file on this thread, to show me?

I have just completed the testing by putting WorkerModernBombard.flc as Attack2. It doesn't work. It seems that the flc that is put at Attack2 will be repeated but those at Attack1 will only play once.

And the game seems to assume that any bombardment graphic is always the same as the attack graphic and at Attack1 :mad:

So, my suggestion to you is replace the TerroirstRun.flc with WorkerModernBombard.flc at the Attack1 line in the ini for your Terrorist unit.

However, for those who wanted to let the Terrorist has some attack ability, here is the trick :

Attack1 = ModernWorkerBombard.flc
Attack2 = TerroristAttack.flc

By doing this arrangement, the terrorist will appear to cast the dynamic then pull out his gun to shot. As Attack1 is only played once and Attack2 continuously, after throwing the dynamic, the terrorist will continue to shot with his gun repeatedly :D

Also, since Attack1 is ModernWorkerBombard.flc, when you select bombardment, its Attack1 thats being played (ie. the terrorist running towards the target with dynamic) so its perfect!! ;)

Ok, using the new .flc's with a worker, it freezes.

he runs, lights the dynamite, then....FREEZE....

Does this mean that it will be the Death.flc??

Which is currently CruiseMissileDeath2.flc

I cud change it back to CruiseMissileDeath.flc and test again.

WILL DO!

Ok, it is the CruiseMissileDeath2.flc that is the problem..

Could you remake one that works DS, as I still dnt like those missile bits from CrusieMissileDeath.flc.

Originally posted by Lavindathar
Ok, it is the CruiseMissileDeath2.flc that is the problem..

Could you remake one that works DS, as I still dnt like those missile bits from CrusieMissileDeath.flc.

Due to a bug in the current version of Flicster, I can't merge back a flc file that only has one flc due to some header issue in the file. So until Moeniir come out with his next version (which he said is in the process of testing) you are stucked with the cruise missile explosion :(

Originally posted by Dark Sheer

Due to a bug in the current version of Flicster, I can't merge back a flc file that only has one flc due to some header issue in the file. So until Moeniir come out with his next version (which he said is in the process of testing) you are stucked with the cruise missile explosion :(

I want to download this unit but I need to know if this has been taken care of? Just wondering...:confused:

Originally posted by wunder

I want to download this unit but I need to know if this has been taken care of? Just wondering...:confused:

As long as you are using the original Cruise Missile death flc as included in the ini file you should have no problem. I already removed the CruiseMissileDeath2.flc from the zip. :D

Have you tried again using FLICster v1.0.0? It should work now with single direction FLCs like CruiseMissileDeath. HOWEVER - if you are using MultiFlc mode (0.2.2 compat), re-split the file using the new version to get a fresh INI file. Not sure if I had to change something there.

Originally posted by Dark Sheer

As long as you are using the original Cruise Missile death flc as included in the ini file you should have no problem. I already removed the CruiseMissileDeath2.flc from the zip. :D

Just loved you animation for the crossbowman/perry class frigate. Thanks again for all your hard work.:goodjob:

Top Bottom