Unweighted Vertices

LPlate2

Warlord
Hi,

I'm trying to create a new unit and now that I've reached the animation stage. When I try to export a kf, I'm getting a, "EXPORT ERROR Cannnot export mesh with unweighted vertices. The unweighted vertices have been selected in the mesh so they can be easily identified."

I did have several separate meshes in the model. Based on https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/why-does-this-happen-unweighted-vertices-error.323174/, I merged these all into a single mesh. On trying to export the fx, I still get the same error message. No vertices seem to be selected.

How do I fix this error?

Attachments

• UnweightedVertices.zip
    139.6 KB · Views: 12
I deleted the camera and the light source in blender and now I don't get the error message when trying to export the kf. Is that usually required?

Alas, the error has returned. I get the same,"EXPORT ERROR Cannot export mesh with unweighted vertices. The unweighted vertices have been selected in the mesh so they can be easily identified." message when I tried to export the next kf. This time, there are numerous vertices selected. However, when I work through my weighted bones and select them, all of them seem to be weighted. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• stillinerror.rar
    116.6 KB · Views: 13
The weights that error refers to are skin weights. Those are related to objects that have the skin modifier so as to make them follow the movement of bone nodes. The error basically says that you have an object with a skin on it that has a vertex or multiple that are not assigned to any bone. So it's not an issue with the bones but the actual mesh that is supposed to follow them.

Top Bottom