• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Up-Gunned Reaver Titan

Neomega said:
I'll second that. :)

I don't care what he makes, I'll download it. Although it'd be nice to see some Ancient/Middle age units ;), I love units from those eras...

Bravo! Hipp Hipp Horray! Hipp Hipp Horray! Hipp Hipp Aw forget it.... :D :D :D
Great Job Man keep it up. What program are you using to make those?

Let's see now ...

OpenFX Designer to build the models and insert the skeletons.

OpenFX to animate and add effects.

Steph's SBB prog to make the storyboards.

PEdit to copy the exact colours to the palette I'm using.

Paint Shop Pro 7 to cut and paste SBB pcx storyboards into FLICster generated bmp storyboards.

FLICster to export Civ-flics.

Paint Shop Pro Animation Shop to create the previews :goodjob:

X_X where did you get all those programs. I have FLICster and PSP7 Trial but i've never even heard of the others.

BTW http://legendaryfrog.com/movies.htm

Go and watch the Kerrigan Movies

Excellent once again muffins...

I have a pic of some sort of titan here on my HD...maybe you could make it after the warhound? Unless i'm an idiot and it IS the warhound...

Attachments

• Mini Titan.jpg
    Mini Titan.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 292
muffins said:
Let's see now ...

OpenFX Designer to build the models and insert the skeletons.

OpenFX to animate and add effects.

Steph's SBB prog to make the storyboards.

PEdit to copy the exact colours to the palette I'm using.

Paint Shop Pro 7 to cut and paste SBB pcx storyboards into FLICster generated bmp storyboards.

FLICster to export Civ-flics.

Paint Shop Pro Animation Shop to create the previews :goodjob:

I would also like to know where you found those programs... Well, OpenFX anyway.

EDIT: Please :D...

Already downloading the file... And what a file; 44 mb's? Wow... If (with a lot of practice) I can make stuff like that with it, it's worth it...

These two knew titans are, IMO, much better than your human units, which I felt looked a bit too mechanical, although I undestand you've just started unit creation. Good job! :goodjob:

I see you are planning to do more titans - any chance we could have a few gargants as well? :)

:worship: Hail Muffins! Greatest and fastest unit maker in the time!

Yet another fantastic unit!

Looks Great muffins :goodjob: Even if you choose to make conventional Units, I hope you continue with the Fantasy Units....They are not only usable but Very Desirable to many of us.
I made a CIV Specific units_32.pcx (The Plasma Cannon is Civ Specific Color)and also made mirror images of the Large and Small .pcx files as alternates if wanted. Here is the small Zip:

Attachments

• PlasmaReaverPCX_Files.zip
    8 KB · Views: 129
The Great Apple said:
These two knew titans are, IMO, much better than your human units, which I felt looked a bit too mechanical, although I undestand you've just started unit creation. Good job! :goodjob:

I see you are planning to do more titans - any chance we could have a few gargants as well? :)
That's 'cos I wasn't using skeletons in the models at the time :) Not knowing how, I just chopped the models to bits and re-attached them in OpenFX animator.

It's sooooo much easier to animate with a skeleton in the model ... I should have read the tutorials sooner :rolleyes:

As for Gargants ... maybe. I've got several versions of the Warhound to do, then a Warlord Titan, and then I want to do the Imperial Basilisk and Manticore because I've got a really cleaver idea I want to try with animating the tracks :D

I have no idea who that is but w/e You are the second best then
HEIL!
:D :D :D

Also what does PEdit do a Palatte Editor? What is that?

EDIT: I just got Open FX but i can't make heads or tails of it. HELP!

Zane Do'Urden said:
I have no idea who that is but w/e You are the second best then
HEIL!
:D :D :D

Also what does PEdit do a Palatte Editor? What is that?

EDIT: I just got Open FX but i can't make heads or tails of it. HELP!
You build 3D models in OpenFX Designer and then animate them in OpenFX

There are some good tutorials at the OpenFX website and the help files are also very usefull too :goodjob:

muffins said:
You build 3D models in OpenFX Designer and then animate them in OpenFX

There are some good tutorials at the OpenFX website and the help files are also very usefull too :goodjob:

There's also a nice tutorial (still in progress) here, in the tutorials section. It comes with a preset template for the unit rendering. The tutorial doesn't have a foot unit part yet, but it does tell you how to make spaceships (not modeling them, but animating them)...

Many thanks my friend I shall investigate this....

Top Bottom