[TOT] Update on my creating a scenario. Mouse problems

Konig15

Warlord
Hi! Been away, Modem kicked out last month and well....horrible tooth Odessey.

I said I was trying to work on a quick scenario as proof of concept, did learn some things. The gif files are.....finicky. See, if you're doing more than standard terrains, the gif file and the rules file need to match exactly or you get the Cubist art I was showing. Also, you CANNOT just import Civ 2 rules to TOT, even if it's supposed to work on vanilla rules. I have theories as to why it's just easier to cut and paste the basic TOT games files from there.

So basically, if you have 16 terrains, you need the right terrain template AND it noted in the rules as 16 terrains.

Which gets me to my current problem:
My mouse isn't working properly. I press the mouse button to click and drag in MS paint to try and move around the unit/terrain boxes, but the stupid mouse randomly conks out partway through the process only getting a part of the box and usually dragging it over in a way that crews up the entire gif file without a quick ctrl z
I don't know if this drag and cut operation CAN be done manually, but because I can't the terrain and the units looking right in the first place, I'm kinda stuck at the moment. Any advice so I can assemble the boxes as I need to would be appreciated.

Right now I have the Napoleon 16 terrian gif as a template, so the map doesn't look surreal anymore but I need to switch out the terrains, and then go onto the units.

Sometimes when I try to drag art past my current view (meaning where I'd need to scroll), I find that things occasionally "catch" and I get the same issue as you. Try zooming out so you can move it on the "same" screen.

Sometimes when I try to drag art past my current view (meaning where I'd need to scroll), I find that things occasionally "catch" and I get the same issue as you. Try zooming out so you can move it on the "same" screen.

Oh that's the problem you think I'd be having. Naw, I get in super close to make the cut super precise, so it's al on one screen, and it conks out while my finger hasn't moved at all. It is SO frustrating.

Top Bottom