Update on New Version and VP Congress Session #7

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Hey everyone,

As it is a really busy time of year and due to numerous ongoing issues (personal, the delays with the espionage rework and some of my proposals, structural issues with the VP Congress, a few issues with the mod itself, and our rather large backlog on GitHub), the January session will be DELAYED until March 2024. I was debating pushing it to April, and that may still happen, but for now it'll be March. The schedule will be adjusted accordingly.

The catchup time will be used to:
  • Implement and test remaining proposals, particularly the espionage rework which needs a lot of work
  • Reduce our issue backlog to 0
  • Do a considerable amount of internal restructuring of the mod
  • Adjust the VP Congress system based on issues identified in Session #6
The extra time is needed so that the development team is not trying to clear a backlog of bugs and adding even more new features at the same time, which is a little like pushing a heavy boulder while walking through quicksand. This should hopefully be a one-time fix due to various unique circumstances.

This does not mean you will have to wait until March for a new version, though. I will have more free time shortly and version 4.3 (fixing a lot of the reported issues with 4.2.7, and implementing numerous proposals from Session #6) should be released within a week by the latest.

Sorry for the delay, and thank you for your understanding.

You and all the devs are doing for free an exceptional work, and I can't thank you enough for this. The game this community is slowly building is truly a unique experience of collaboration and creation, getting each time closer to the perfect 4X experience.
Thank you so much, take care of yourself and have a wonderful holiday season.

It's good. My modding energy dropped, so there will be time to catch up when tanks are refilled.

Hey everyone,

As it is a really busy time of year and due to numerous ongoing issues (personal, the delays with the espionage rework and some of my proposals, structural issues with the VP Congress, a few issues with the mod itself, and our rather large backlog on GitHub), the January session will be DELAYED until March 2024. I was debating pushing it to April, and that may still happen, but for now it'll be March. The schedule will be adjusted accordingly.

The catchup time will be used to:
  • Implement and test remaining proposals, particularly the espionage rework which needs a lot of work
  • Reduce our issue backlog to 0
  • Do a considerable amount of internal restructuring of the mod
  • Adjust the VP Congress system based on issues identified in Session #6
The extra time is needed so that the development team is not trying to clear a backlog of bugs and adding even more new features at the same time, which is a little like pushing a heavy boulder while walking through quicksand. This should hopefully be a one-time fix due to various unique circumstances.

This does not mean you will have to wait until March for a new version, though. I will have more free time shortly and version 4.3 (fixing a lot of the reported issues with 4.2.7, and implementing numerous proposals from Session #6) should be released within a week by the latest.

Sorry for the delay, and thank you for your understanding.
So wild. You sound like a gaming company head leading a team getting a new game out. Meanwhile you are just a team of tallented fans, using your free time, providing us with free content and hundreds (thousands) of hours of entertainment.

As always. Much apreciated. I wish you all the best over the holidays and hope the lives of you and team prosper.

So wild. You sound like a gaming company head leading a team getting a new game out.
Agreed. I see so many games on Steam that have development that just stalls and goes dead. It's a shame Firaxis never released a true 64 bit executable.This is a real special project. I wish they were more open with their code. Release the full sources for all versions up to 5. But I'm probably making too much comparison to John Carmack and DOOM.

Last edited:
Top Bottom