Updated PDF Reference Guide

MacBalt

Learnéd Fool
Got some nice comments when I posted the first version of this reference guide a couple of weeks ago, so here is a new edition. I've corrected errors and included a lot more information in this version, though the formatting is far from complete and many gaps remain in the data tables. (Always grateful to anyone who takes the time to help me fill in those gaps!) :thumbsup:

:old: The guide is in PDF format for old farts like me who prefer to have their tables and numbers on real paper (hence the "OFG-PDF" or "Old Farts' Guide in PDF Format"). Everything is accurate to the best of my knowledge but remember that the data is all based on the press preview build from last month and subject to change by the time the final game is released. Helpful feedback is welcome (especially for correcting errors and/or suggesting new format ideas). Please let me know what you think. I hope you find it useful.

Attachments

• OFG v003 -20161016.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 372
On the city state envoy bonuses. The 1 envoy bonus is +2 of the associated resource to the capital. Militaristic gives +2 production for military units to your capital. The 3 and 6 envoy bonuses are +2 of the associated resource (+4 total at 6 envoys) to the associated district. So having 6 envoys in a religious city state gives +2 faith in your capital and +4 faith to holy sites. Militaristic gives +2 production to military units with encampments per tier unlock.

I like it very much. Nice and concise, just the way us OFs like it

Some small formatting suggestions:

1. Maybe lightly gray shade the unique building and units starting on pages 17 and 24?

2. On page 8, I assume that 'Movement' is the number of turns to get past (e.g. 3 turns for Grassland with Woods). Maybe change the TItle to 'Movement Penalty' and so 'Grassland with Woods' would be +2

:thanx:Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. Your encouragement is appreciated! :goodjob:
I think the government bonuses of democracy and fascism are mixed up.
Thanks for pointing that out. You are probably right. I'll check it out before the next version. I haven't been able to give much attention to organizing the government section properly yet (or double-checking the data there).
On the city state envoy bonuses. The 1 envoy bonus is +2 of the associated resource to the capital. Militaristic gives +2 production for military units to your capital. The 3 and 6 envoy bonuses are +2 of the associated resource (+4 total at 6 envoys) to the associated district. So having 6 envoys in a religious city state gives +2 faith in your capital and +4 faith to holy sites. Militaristic gives +2 production to military units with encampments per tier unlock.
Thanks. Once again, this section on city states is a new addition that I haven't had time to organize properly yet. (It is amazing how fast this project grew from my initial intention only to produce tables of unit and building values.) If you have thoughts about how to do this, or might consider just contributing a more refined version of this section's content, please do so. I'd be thrilled to have some help with this. :please:
I like it very much. Nice and concise, just the way us OFs like it

Some small formatting suggestions:

1. Maybe lightly gray shade the unique building and units starting on pages 17 and 24?

2. On page 8, I assume that 'Movement' is the number of turns to get past (e.g. 3 turns for Grassland with Woods). Maybe change the TItle to 'Movement Penalty' and so 'Grassland with Woods' would be +2
:agree: Great idea to help differentiate the unique buildings and units. I'll do that for the next version. I'm not as sure about #2, but will take a look at that and think about it. Can you point me to somewhere else that method is being used so I can check it out? (Maybe you know a thread here that displays the movement that way?)

I was only thinking that the column heading 'Movement' was a little ambigious or not as clear as it could be. (MVHO)

A unit’s Movement Points (MPs) determines how many clear tiles a unit can move through.

Saying Movement = "3 turns for Grassland with Woods" I assume means that it takes 3 movement points to get through. I was thinking that saying "Movement Penalty = +2" is similar to the +2Gold and +1Beaker conventions used elsewhere.

Maybe just call that column "Movement Points Required?

Just a thought, and doesn't detract from your overall guide at all

Top Bottom