[GS] Updating and reworking Vanilla and RnF Civ

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s funny because I had noticed the Nile flooded WAY more than any other rivers I’ve seen.

I didn’t realise that it was made that way!

I think it's great if they have rigged the Nile (I presume the first river Egypt starts on will always be called the Nile) to flood more than most.

I'm pretty sure the dev team would have mentioned that if this is true.

I think India could also be very strong with the changes to Stepwells, the general buff to higher pop cities, and the fact their UU doesn't require resources.

I have to look at India and the Stepwell again but I feel that their Civ ability frankly is lackluster. The Stepwell and Varu is still okay for India to be kinda low-mid tier? I have yet to play Georgia again, but I actually feel that they are in a good place now (Okay they don't have a bonus for getting a religion but they a) don't need one for their bonus to work and b) not every civ needs to be competitive on Diety). I'm more concerned about India, nothing tempts me to play them. I like what they were trying to do with CUA, but it doesn't work. Wasn't this one of the first CUA to be eliminated in elimination game? I can't recall a single civ with a comparably bad CUA.

I have to look at India and the Stepwell again but I feel that their Civ ability frankly is lackluster. The Stepwell and Varu is still okay for India to be kinda low-mid tier? I have yet to play Georgia again, but I actually feel that they are in a good place now (Okay they don't have a bonus for getting a religion but they a) don't need one for their bonus to work and b) not every civ needs to be competitive on Diety). I'm more concerned about India, nothing tempts me to play them. I like what they were trying to do with CUA, but it doesn't work. Wasn't this one of the first CUA to be eliminated in elimination game? I can't recall a single civ with a comparably bad CUA.

India is a lot better once you realise they all about not founding a religion.

India's CUA is really quite good. See, they can already earn lots of faith with Stepwells and Holy Sites. High Pop + Theorcracy is then even more faith. Or Ghandi's UA for even more faith again. Dharma then lets India pick and choose which follower beliefs they benefit from. You could have choral music giving you culture, then use your tonne faith to purchase campus and theatre square buildings with Jesuit Education. Or combine Feed the World and Religious communities to push your pop through the roof.

The trick is not to found your own religion, because then you'll cut across your Dharma ability.

India is underrated. Powerful? Nah, probably not. Fun? Yes, very much. All the above plus killer hefalumps.

India is even better now, with Pingala making high Pop move valuable, and resources making the resource free Varu more valuable.

Last edited:
I think it's great if they have rigged the Nile (I presume the first river Egypt starts on will always be called the Nile) to flood more than most.

I don’t know if it is rigged, but I only play on level 2 disaster settings, and I have never had as many floods on a single river than I did that game.

Also, the Nile was only my second discovered river. My first river was the Rosetta. :undecide:

I'm pretty sure the dev team would have mentioned that if this is true.

No, they're very happy leaving some very notable stuff left unsaid. Far more so than a small touch like that.

I don't think the AI Egypt in my last even had a Nile River.

:eek:

I'm assuming they have a river start bias. I guess if two Civ's start on the exact same river, only one of them gets to name it. Yet Egypt's naming rights should automatically trump anyone else's... bar Brazil I guess. No, even Brazil. No other Civ has such a unique relationship with one river.

I don’t know if it is rigged, but I only play on level 2 disaster settings, and I have never had as many floods on a single river than I did that game.

Also, the Nile was only my second discovered river. My first river was the Rosetta. :undecide:

Weird...

No, they're very happy leaving some very notable stuff left unsaid. Far more so than a small touch like that.

:eek:

I'm assuming they have a river start bias. I guess if two Civ's start on the exact same river, only one of them gets to name it. Yet Egypt's naming rights should automatically trump anyone else's... bar Brazil I guess. No, even Brazil. No other Civ has such a unique relationship with one river.

Weird...

They were on the Rosetta River. I suspect the geography name generator is RNG like the city name generator.

Nubia can get the Nile River as well, for obvious reasons, so I guess there is always a possibility Egypt doesn't get it.

They were on the Rosetta River. I suspect the geography name generator is RNG like the city name generator.
come to think of it , in my current game the 'Seine' as well as the 'puy de dome' are in French territory. I have to check if that is a coincidence or if other civ's landscape features have names that belongs to their original country too. Since I've been busy trying Kupe in this game ,I did not notice anything on my starting territory )

come to think of it , in my current game the 'Seine' as well as the 'puy de dome' are in French territory. I have to check if that is a coincidence or if other civ's landscape features have names that belongs to their original country too. Since I've been busy trying Kupe in this game ,I did not notice anything on my starting territory )
That's how it's supposed to be set up until their list runs out of names, or had none at all, of a particular feature.

First Civ to discover a river names it.

Moderator Action: Bite has integrated the info from this thread and the patch notes into the GS Features thread/page. Removing the sticky from this thread and closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom