Updating CIV 3 Game of the Year Edition?

paosborne

Chieftain
Hi,

I have Civ 3 Game of the Year Edition - and have discovered that the Rev_A (1.22?) update only installs on the Civ 3 Complete version.

Does anyone know where I can get a working patch for the version that I have or how I can force install the Rev_A patch onto my copy?

I don't really want to buy a new version of Civ 3 just to run the latest version.

Thanks

Paul

I think that's the old MacSoft version - check for the publisher name on the packaging. If so, it is vanilla only, and support for it ended when MacSoft lost the rights to the Civ3 franchise four or five years ago. The last patch for it was to vanilla version 1.29b2.

Civ3 Complete was ported by Aspyr as a new product at the time when they picked up the Cv3 and Civ4 rights, and it is the only Mac product that includes the Play the World and Conquests expansions. The Aspyr patches only work with this version. Civ3 Complete is available very cheap these days, since Civ4 and Civ5 have now both been released in the intervening years.

AlanH,

Thanks for that info.

Looks like now I need to consider whether to get Civ3 cheaply, the entire Civ4 (via Steam) incredibly cheaply, or stick my neck out and go for Civ5 which won't be cheap and may not run to impressively on my Macs.

Thanks

Paul

Top Bottom