upgrades

I'm thinking of upgrading my laptops graphics card. I've been told that it's a bit more difficult to upgrade a laptops graphics card than it is a desktop is this true? What would be the price range of a good graphics card to run the game and where is the best place to get it? How do you install a new graphics card do you have to use a screwdriver to open the computer itself?

my specs (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9636011&postcount=7)

You can't with that laptop, I mean it is physically impossibly

Yeah, thats not going to happen. You have an Mobile Intel(R) 965, these are built in to the motherboard and are not modular. There is a chance your laptop manufacturer has a plug-in graphics adapter for the PCMCIA slot, these are fairly rare though and may not be worth it performance wise. You should contact them to find out your options, they may have a trade-in scheme you can take advantage of.

well is there any way I can speed up the time in between turns? I don't really think thats a graphics issue is it?

additionally can I redownload civ 5 from steam onto a new computer (if I decide to get one) or will I have to pay for an entire new copy?

that thing can't even run civ iv properly, forget about civ v

wait between turns is cpu bound (CPU processes AI moves)

and last, you can run civ v from any computer, but only one at the time. not sure if steam offline mode will let you run them at more than one

Well acutally it ran Civ IV very well and it's running Civ V pretty well also (though the graphics flicker a bit) Does your answer means that I can re download Civ V to a newer computer from steam sorry I just want to make sure I understand you

Well acutally it ran Civ IV very well and it's running Civ V pretty well also (though the graphics flicker a bit) Does your answer means that I can re download Civ V to a newer computer from steam sorry I just want to make sure I understand you

Steam gives UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS! (remember only one online at a time)

That's right, with Steam you can play from any computer. Log into Steam and all the games you own are there. You would have to wait for it to download the local content, and then you're good to go. If you try to play from one computer while the game is running on a different one it won't let you. (I am also unsure of offline mode though)

Top Bottom