Use of Mods in Civ6 GotM

wxstall

Chieftain
Hello,

Following up on Forster's question.... Is there any plan to possibly include the ability to use the CQUI mod in future GOTMs since it doesn't alter the gameplay other than the interface? I really like the idea of the GOTM and would like to participate, but I have a hard time returning to the incredibly clunky vanilla interface after using the CQUI mod.

Our goal has always been to create a security mod for Civ5 and Civ6. However, the structure of the programming does not allow us to do so without full knowledge of the SDK and the various .dll files built into the games. Thus we have no mod like we use with Civ4 GotM.

In Civ5 GotM, we have allowed the use of UI mods that make it easier for players to find and take advantage of the various information available in the game but often hidden from players in the basic ui developed with the base game and its expansions.

We are willing to consider the use of mods with Civ6 provided:
- They do not change the game play of the game.
- They do not give an unfair advantage those that use the mod.
- That the mod is easy to install so any player can figure it out.

What does the community think about the use of mods?

Hello,

Following up on Forster's question.... Is there any plan to possibly include the ability to use the CQUI mod in future GOTMs since it doesn't alter the gameplay other than the interface? I really like the idea of the GOTM and would like to participate, but I have a hard time returning to the incredibly clunky vanilla interface after using the CQUI mod.

CQUI is not intended to alter gameplay, but it does. I have used it for several games now, and it seems like every game i get the Political Philosophy boost some turn after i have met a second city state but before i have met a third. on a game i just got done playing a few opening moves, using the CQUI i was somehow getting +4.5 faith in the capital when there was no reason i should have been receiving that. The mod also regularly messes up troop movement points. It has some nice features but unfortunately has some game-breaking bugs as well.

You "meet" a city state when it is killed by an opponent. I have had games getting the boost before meeting one CS, and I have never used CQUI (although I probably should). This especially happens on higher levels (which you are playing).

Top Bottom