Use Steam launcher to just start the game?

mellojoe

Chieftain
Is there a way to get the Steam UI launcher to just remember my previous selection? Right now every time I launch it from Steam it gives me the choice to pick between DX11 and Mantle. I just want it to remember the DX11 (no AMD graphics card here) and launch instead of me having to click it every time.

Anyone know how to do this? Is there a simple "-command" I can put in the Steam shortcut somewhere?

You can create a desktop shortcut. The default created will always launch the DX11 version.

That shortcut can always be moved after Steam created it of course if you would want it someplace else then on your desktop.

Thanks,
but I guess I should have been more clear:

Currently, I click on the Steam icon in the task tray, and it brings up my most recently played games. I simply click on Civilization: BE and it brings up the DX11 / Mantle choice menu, then from there I click DX11 and it launches the game. I want to be able to use the Steam icon in the task tray to immediately launch the game when I select Civilization: BE from the most recently played list.

Is there a way to make Steam do this?

Top Bottom