Used Anansi to get turn 28 PP on diety

AlexM29

Chieftain
As it says. Diety difficulty. Rome on GS with Heroes, secret societies, and monopolies. I spawned next to galapagos. First build was Anansi. Then built slinger, spearman, settler, builder. Used Anansi to crush every resource near Hungary. Declared war on Hungary on turn 15. Stole a settler from Hungary by turn 20. Had three cities by turn 30. Settled the settler I stole on an iron tile. Went magnus for reduced strategic requirement. Turns 30-50 just spammed legions and archers with Agoge. Hungary was knocked out by turn 50. Took two cities off America by turn 80. Russia declared on me. Had to make peace with America. Drove Russia back took a couple cities with men at arms, knights, and trebuchet. But Russia got a bunch of pike and shots and bombards. I had to make peace. Turn 140 have 16 cities, but the empire is struggling across the board. Barely staying positive with gold. Using peace time to improve infrastructure and upgrade units to go back at Russia. Feels gimmicky and this super aggressive strategy has resulted in a ton of cities and a ton of units but I feel my empire is sluggish because I didn't build it properly because it was hard to get things going without the infrastructure in place. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20210521_204313.jpg
    20210521_204313.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 147
  • 20210521_204609.jpg
    20210521_204609.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
Probably just feels sluggish in relation to where you'd be when you have that many cities in a slower paced game. Just need to take the time to let your cities build up some. Coliseum would help a lot with amenities. Then I'd focus on harbors/comm hubs for the trade routes and a few good campuses. From there you could just pick a VC.

IMO a lot of these problems can be fixed by building more builders and getting all your improvements online. It's so easy to get warring and focusing on the troop movements that you do them and then skip over the micromanagement of the cities and what tiles they are working. The result is many cities working unimproved tiles,

When you resume play, don't hit end turn when your troop movements end. Check tile workage and if you're building buildings, stop and switch to builders. Buy the builders and make the buildings or buy the buildings and make the builders.

More builders = more gold, food and production and all of those turn into science and snowball themselves.

And have Liang somewhere, get Serfdom plugged in if you haven't already. Pyramids is also huge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom