User Interface Tweaks

So many changes, this mod does not work with the december patch, in my experience.

I play on a smaller laptop screen and this mod is sooooooo helpful. The city screen gets too crowded with the tile selection icons, and the tech web doesn't zoom out far enough.

Hope it plays well with the patch.

This mod does not work with the new patch :( There`s no other mod like this one on Steam.

I tried to update the mod to the new patch myself and failed. Can we get an update? plz

Hey everyone! Sorry, I've been away for a while, so I didn't notice the patch to the game. I'll download it, and fix up my mod ASAP.

Okay! New version uploaded which should get everything working again after the Fall Update.

I've had limited success with using it as a MOD vs the recommended DLC installation. Some things are a little wonky, like not having localization text for "previous route" in the trade window. But overall it has lots of stuff that's still a vast improvement.

However I've been experimenting with a different mod set as a replacement. I still miss lots, like sorting trade routes, but the Enhanced UI DLC plus some of WHoward's mods, and a few others, makes it not too painful. I'll try to snag a list of what I've got next time I'm in front of the civ machine.

Hi,

I use v4

Runtime Error: C:\Users\fabri_000\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\MODS\User Interface Tweaks (v 4)\UIT_IphStich\Core\InGame.lua:1409: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
C:\Users\fabri_000\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\MODS\User Interface Tweaks (v 4)\UIT_IphStich\Core\InGame.lua:1409: in function 'RequestYieldDisplay'
C:\Users\fabri_000\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\MODS\User Interface Tweaks (v 4)\UIT_IphStich\Core\InGame.lua:1129: in function 'OnUpdateSelection'
C:\Users\fabri_000\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\MODS\User Interface Tweaks (v 4)\UIT_IphStich\Core\InGame.lua:1106: in function 'OnUnitSelectionChange'
[C]: in function 'func'
[C]: in function '(anonymous)'
=> need to check nil before use ;)

Runtime Error: C:\Users\fabri_000\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\MODS\User Interface Tweaks (v 4)\UIT_IphStich\Core\ChooseInternationalTradeRoutePopup.lua:351: operator < is not supported for number < nil
stack traceback:
C:\Users\fabri_000\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\MODS\User Interface Tweaks (v 4)\UIT_IphStich\Core\ChooseInternationalTradeRoutePopup.lua:351: in function 'SortByProductionTot'
[C]: in function 'table.sort'
C:\Users\fabri_000\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\MODS\User Interface Tweaks (v 4)\UIT_IphStich\Core\ChooseInternationalTradeRoutePopup.lua:397: in function 'SortData'
C:\Users\fabri_000\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\MODS\User Interface Tweaks (v 4)\UIT_IphStich\Core\ChooseInternationalTradeRoutePopup.lua:514: in function 'ShowHideHandler'
=> add
tradeRoute.Energy = 0;
tradeRoute.Science = 0;
tradeRoute.FoodInc = 0;
tradeRoute.FoodOut = 0;
tradeRoute.FoodTot = 0;
tradeRoute.ProductionInc = 0;
tradeRoute.ProductionOut = 0;
tradeRoute.ProductionTot = 0;
tradeRoute.EnergyDelta = 0;
tradeRoute.ScienceDelta = 0;
before using it. For example, in initializer local tradeRoute = { (remove tradeRoute.) or after initialization ;)

Is there a way to just pick the changes I want from this mod and not have to use the whole thing? You did a great job, but there is so much that this mod changes that for my non gaming laptop it slows the game down to much even causes freezes. All I want are the Culture borders, Tech Filters, Auto renew trade route, and the enlarge mini map.

Is there a way to just pick the changes I want from this mod and not have to use the whole thing? You did a great job, but there is so much that this mod changes that for my non gaming laptop it slows the game down to much even causes freezes. All I want are the Culture borders, Tech Filters, Auto renew trade route, and the enlarge mini map.

Sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring you! I set it up to send me an email when this topic gets a reply, so I wouldn't have to check here everyday. But it seems like that feature is no longer working for me.

There are options for most of the features the mod adds to the game. I'm currently working on a new version which should make some of the more complex features less intensive to run.

In the meantime, which features do you want to turn off? I'll add options if they don't already exist for the next version (which should come out within the next day or two).

Hi! Is it a bug or normal that Trade Overview does not show work after using this Mod. I am using Mac App Version of BE.

This might be the same bug cestbienmo posted. Could you please post your lua.log file so I can check?

Surprisingly this problem doesn't happen in all the games. I have played 4 games after installing this MOD and had Trade Overview problem in Game 1st & 3rd while the other 2 were working just fine.

Wishlist:

1. Please make "Tiles worked by City" more colourful or more distinguishable if possible.
2. Will it be possible to view "City Working Tiles" by mouse-over the city banner.

Surprisingly this problem doesn't happen in all the games. I have played 4 games after installing this MOD and had Trade Overview problem in Game 1st & 3rd while the other 2 were working just fine.
I discovered recently that this can be caused by setting up a trade route with a developing outpost (to speed up development). A fix will be coming out pretty soon.

If you don't think that may have been the cause, let me know.

Wishlist:

1. Please make "Tiles worked by City" more colourful or more distinguishable if possible.
2. Will it be possible to view "City Working Tiles" by mouse-over the city banner.

1. I'd like to... But I've never been too sure what colours to change them to. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

2. This is actually a really good idea! I'll get around to coding it today, and it'll be in the next version.

Hi IphStich! For the tiles being worked you can show the entire tile coloured instead of just the boarder colour. Alternately, colour purple or similar shade can be more distinguishable than the light green currently in use.

Hi IphStich! For the tiles being worked you can show the entire tile coloured instead of just the boarder colour. Alternately, colour purple or similar shade can be more distinguishable than the light green currently in use.

The problem, I think, is that the two most usable colours yellow and purple already have associations in the game. Yellow is typically affiliated with energy/currency. And purple is affiliated with culture, and is already used to display the next tile that'll be unlocked with culture.

Blue colours don't stand out enough, as most of the planet surface is blue.

I might be able to use orange and red colours, as they stand out. But the problem there is that they send the wrong message, and are typically associated with warnings.

The only other alternative I can think of is to use a different type of hex highlight. But my options are extremely limited there. And unfortunately I can't highlight a whole hex.

Spoiler :

NEW VERSION OUT!!!

Improvements
  • While in city view, tiles worked by another city are now highlighted, and when moused over will show which city is working the tile
  • Added an option for displaying colonist work prediction radius
  • Made certain modifications more efficient to hopefully reduce CPU usage by this mod
  • Techs can no longer be accidentally selected in the tech tree while dragging the view
  • Changed the type of highlight used for tiles while in city view
  • When mousing over a city banner, now displays the tiles being worked on by that city, and the yield of all tiles in range (can be turned off from the options file)
  • Added a toggle all check in the diplomacy window for fast turns

Minor Improvements
  • Fixed an issue where there was sometimes not a 1 pixel gap between players in the diplomacy window
  • The city production queue is now visible by default
  • Made the build predictor in the city banner right-aligned so that numbers with 2 or more digits wouldn't overlap the progress bar

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a big bug that would prevent the opening of the trade route overview after setting up a trade route with one of your outposts
  • Fixed a rare bug related to trade route sorting (super special thanks goes to cestbienmoi)
  • Fixed a rare bug related to orbital units and yield display (super special thanks goes to cestbienmoi)
  • Minor bug related to aircraft not being in a city

Updated for compatibility with the Winter 2015 Update!
Removed my auto-renew feature in favour of the (new) in-built feature.

Thanks for the update! However, the trade convoy's "Create trade route" menu seems to be bugged.

Top Bottom