Using BUG Mod with Multiplayer

Zerro0713

Chieftain
Greetings,

I have never used mods before for Civ4 but I heard the BUG Mod was pretty good. I checked it out and liked it. I wanted to play Civ4:BTS with my friends using the mod (We all have the same version installed 4.4) but we could not figure out how to connect to each other. We tried Internet Games using Gamespy but that did not seem to work. We have also tried Direct IP with Hamachi and couldn't get that to work. I do not know if it's port issues, internet problems or issues with Civ4 and the mod. I was wondering if it's possible to play multiplayer with the BUG Mod and how we'd be able to get a game to work.

Thanks for the assistance

MP games with different mods are quite popular. Dont know about BUG, but should not be a problem in my opinion.

Why dont you try connecting without the mod first via direct IP and it works without the mod, but then dont work with the mod, then you will know if it is the mod causing problems.

I am successfully playing CIV4 BtS Multiplayer with BUG mod over direct IP. But first try to establish a connection without a MOD like the ninja above this post suggested.

Knightly_

Top Bottom