Using cannon to defend a city?

The units you are attacking are not fortified and/or behing walls or cultural defense, which means your cannon has better odds to win and to withdraw. Well that's what I guessed.

ElJojo said:
The units you are attacking are not fortified and/or behing walls or cultural defense, which means your cannon has better odds to win and to withdraw. Well that's what I guessed.

You are correct in that they are not fortified and they are on an open tile.

Do you (or anyone else) have a link about the mechanics for how withdrawal is calculated?

.Shane. said:
*bump*

Sorry for the self-bump, but I'm really curious about this, thanks. :)

If you're so curious that you are bumping your own threads, why not download the SDK and find out?

There is no change for withdrawal chances, as far as I know. However, your withdrawal chance from any specific battle is the percentage value multiplied by the chance of you not winning. So, for the sake of even numbers, if your unit has a 50% chance of winning and a 50% withdrawal chance, then there is a 50% chance you win, 25% chance you withdraw, and 25% chance that you lose.

If you are just seeing the withdrawal chances "jump" then that would be it. However, if you just seem to notice your units retreat more often when attacking from your own city than when you attack the AI, then that's just luck.

Top Bottom